Indominous-Rex
Years ago

Custom NBL Cards

Hey guys I have been working on my own but was wondering if any one else does this too. If so do you guys have any tips on the design as I'm looking to get an old school proper Basketball card feel to it, but I can't seem to

Topic #37656 | Report this topic

BMF  
Years ago

Hit this guy up on twitter..

@w00kiee77 Best in the game, should be doing them professionally...

Reply #541661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember a couple of years ago someone tried getting them made but the NBL stopped it. Maybe the guy from cantbuyabasket?

Reply #541662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

w00kiee is great at copying other designs. Don't think anything official will fly when designs are being ripped off from other companies.

Reply #541671 | Report this post

I don't think he is looking at doing anything official. It's just for fun.

Reply #541680 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd love to buy NBL cards again and I think if they could be sold at games then it would be a great way to give the league a further boost.

Best of luck mate, I wish you all the success with your venture

Reply #541722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another classic anon post ripping into someone trying to do something fun and helpful for the fans!!

Maybe you should have a go at making some instead of trying to knock down others?

Reply #541726 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I'd also kill to get my hands on NBL cards again. The days of the Futera and Stops NBL series were awesome.

Reply #541735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs have made cards for their own team last year. Taipans have had them given out to people with Happy Meals at Maccas in Cairns, which I think is an awesome idea.

What other teams have done this?

& @W00kiee77 is the master!

Reply #541749 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Thanks for the love, peeps (even the great at ripping off comment :) ) - Supernintendo Chalmers is definitely right, I just do mine for myself and wanted initially to copy one of my fave card designs from when I collected... by no means am I pushing for them to be used as anything official, it's just good to be able to use my own shots from games I attend and have them printed up and signed by the players... It's not like I'm an ad agency making money off a talented designer who does it professionally :)

Indominous-Rex hit me up on twitter if you want any advice on getting them printed (card size, prepping, who can print them, rough cost), otherwise, if you're just doing them for yourself, I'd just google some ideas and try to use them as inspiration... There are quite a few card collecting websites out there that actually allow people to sell their cards, and they are really good to sort by year and sport and brand...

If you find it a bit tricky, stick with it, it's really rewarding to get the finished product and get it signed if you get to games... It was great to get Rusty Hinder to sign one I did of him at his last professional game and have him say that after all his years in the NBL he'd never had a card...

Reply #541766 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL should build a simple mobile app with collectable digital cards for each player. To "collect" a card, you have to attend a game where they've suited up and check in at the venue.

Reply #541767 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

thanks wookie I'm @iFahmy03 on twitter and have talked to you before about them, I did a design but I find it not strong enough and kinda floppy. Is there any thing i can do about that?

Reply #541866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754