Anonymous
Years ago

COTY - Premier League Women

With perennial favorites generally out of this mix this season (Sharon Simonds, Tracy York, Marcus Wong) who are your picks for COTY? with such a tight women's competition could be anyone's award... Can an assistant coach win coach of the year?

Topic #37669 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

KB?

Reply #541859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sharon Simons not coming dead last with that team, deserves it

Reply #541867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently we need to wait to see who wins the GF. Then we will know who should win COTY

Reply #541904 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

um wait, whose turn is it?

Reply #541916 | Report this post

COTY  
Years ago

Nah just give it to who ever finished 4th..

Reply #541927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

COTY, still don't get it, do you?

Reply #541930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keeping in mind Woodville, West, South finished equal 3rd on 12-10 Woodville and West are the big movers this year, Norwood with a new coach, but player/coach as COY? South after losing last years import could contend, North? I just don't see it this year, all teams out of finals? Don't think there has been a COY from an out of finals team (feel free to correct me)

Reply #541989 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

HAS to go to sharon for getting both a u16 and a netball, oops import on the team

Reply #542001 | Report this post

Years ago

Woodville coach IMO - I can never recall both wood men and women in finals together

Reply #542013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sharon gets it for upholding the rule that three players can't leave to the same team while fighting the rule that says you can't play under 16s

Reply #542021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Sharon does look a bit stupid fighting to keep players that clearly were holding her team back

Reply #542023 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

Here we go again a genuine thread turns into #keyboardwarriors bagging Sharon and Forestville again. WTF!

Reply #542035 | Report this post

Annonz  
Years ago

Can someone just start a new topic called "hang crap on Forestville/Simons here" That way those of us that would like to read about the COTY or the Last Hurrah or anything else about local hoops can. Seriously, why do so many of you care to comment with so little knowledge of the facts.

Reply #542038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"So little knowledge of the facts"

You're right. My family member who plays for the team knows nothing. How stupid of me to think she'd tell the truth.

Reply #542043 | Report this post

Annonz  
Years ago

#043. I said so many not all, so if what you annonomously tell us is true that's great, but how would we know which of your posts is true without a name to the post. Besides my comment was regarding everything becoming an Eagles bash session. There are rules in place and clubs will abide by them. If there's a rule that doesn't allow 3 players to go to the same club then why not try to uphold it. Now while I don't think her 15 yo daughter should play its my understanding that the u16 rule doesn't apply if the player has attended an Aus camp and in this case made an u17 Aus team. Once again this COTY thread has turned into a bagging session of a coach that clearly isn't in contention?

Reply #542051 | Report this post

facts  
Years ago

Well its not true what is stated, but that's not a requirement to post on here so no probs.

If she is capable of playing, which she is, and the rules allow it, why not.

Reply #542059 | Report this post

Rock-Me-Armadelly  
Years ago

Admittedly Sharon's daughter is better than anyone playing Reserves or 23s for Forestville. And when a third of your team leaves because they can't stand you you need to get players from somewhere

Reply #542064 | Report this post

Facts  
Years ago

pretty sure a third of 12 is 4.

Reply #542069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tara, Jess, Monica, hannah

Reply #542072 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Hahahaha classic ^^^

Reply #542087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tara - slow, over rated big that thinks she can shoot
Jess - past her best
Hannah - did she even play
Monica - who?

Reply #542245 | Report this post

Dellynquint  
Years ago

No one said the best four left (very rough call on Jess though). Just why. And that those roster spots had to be filled.

Reply #542251 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Open your eyes - Tara scored more this season than all but one Forestville player and I'd suggest she outrebounded most of them too.

Reply #542260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many times did forestville beat southern? Once out of three attempts, that's how big a loss those three girls were

Reply #542265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee, if this is the way Forestville treats it's ex-players, by publically bagging them on a forum, then I can see why the program and those that run it are called into question as well....

Reply #542269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not from forestville, but sick of disgruntled players jumping on here having a go at ex coaches when their own performances leave a lot to be desired

Reply #542293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back on topic...
I think the following for COTY

1st. Jess Foley, perfect regular season, the vote casters don't tend to look any further
2nd. Glenn Shaw, took Westies from 7th to equal 3rd with essentially the same group
3rd. Vicky Kelson, still produced without last years import
4th. Christian Bell, 6th to equal 3rd, did add an import that will hurt votes
5th. Brenton Johnston, didn't really meet expectations but a 2nd place finish

The rest:
Marcus, Sturt didn't make finals
Nathan, plagued by injuries, but did okay for Eastern
Sharon, poor results from a Forestville side that carried Borrego for about 1/2 the season
KB, Just not a record to make COTY
Tracy, see KB

Reply #542322 | Report this post

Dellynquint  
Years ago

Perfect season on the back of a very very good season last year might work against her, but Jess definitely deserves it.

I see it as a Steve Kerr/ Mike Budenholzer thing. Biggest improvement could win it, though a perfect season can't be scoffed at

Reply #542368 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754