Dissatisfied
Years ago

Boomers / Opals Clinic - Melbourne

Last night I attended the Boomers / Opals Clinic. 4 coaches - Kennedy, Lemanis, Henare, Joyce.

Some awesome drills especially transition from Lemanis & Kennedy. Also enjoyed Henare and his offsider with their ball handling series and unique footwork patterns - many of the NITP girls struggled with the advanced options as they were in contrast to the lernings of NITP.

But....I have to say I was extremely dissapointed with
Brendan Joyce's choice of drills. 3 on 2 into 2 on 1, then lanework turning the ball in backcourt shading to the sideline in front court. At one point I turned to take in the crowds reaction only to see a dozen people checking their phones.

Topic #37706 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed but he did just come from a game against Korea. That's why he went last. Still a top level coach should be prepared well enough.

I doubt you'll see that one on the FIBA YouTube channel

Reply #543047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Came from a game against Korea almost sounds like an excuse.

I was impressed with the way a clearly nervous Paul Henare used his assistant to demonstrate their drills and skills.

Maybe Joyce could of used Lori a little?

Reply #543050 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

That would mean Lori would need to know what he was actually doing. That is a fairly distant possibility.

Reply #543064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not good enough....30 mins with the leading Women's coach in our country and he gives us domestic drills based on some theory that we only get 5 players to training.

Reply #543082 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

That comment was not from me.

Reply #543186 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754