76 aus / 74 nz

Reply #543051 | Report this post

gwb  
Years ago

Boomers by 17 in game 1 and 8 in game 2

Reply #543060 | Report this post

The Real GWB  
Years ago

With both Dellavedova and Gliddon in the backcourt I would fancy our chances against even an NBA team so the Tall Blacks have no chance I'm afraid. Boomers by 14 in game 1 and by 6 in game 2. Opals by 15+ in both games.

Reply #543061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we aren't very gelled atm...

Reply #543067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we will win but NZ will keep it competitive

Reply #543070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talbot to destroy nz imo...

Reply #543071 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Tall Blacks have Tai Wynyard, and he plays for Kentucky, so I'm picking NZ to have the series all wrapped up during the lay-up lines.

Reply #543072 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

The Boomers should prevail comfortably. With the game being shown live on FTA I really hope that isn't the case and its a close series though with plenty of intensity.

Would be great for the sport in both countries to see 2 traditional rivals fighting it out in a nail biter.

Reply #543075 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Yep. It'll be a low scoring, not-very-gelled, stuck in the mud, physical win to the Boomers in both games.

Other prediction. The first quarter & a half will be stagnant offensively for the Boomers, trailing by 8 points & there'll be calling for Lemanis' head on this site :)

Opals will dominate.

Reply #543076 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

As per usual with the NZ-AU games, Australia should win easily... but in reality, I expect NZ to play a lot better together, which gives them a chance of making it closer than it should be, or even coming up with an upset.

Reply #543078 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I'm tipping that NZ will come out strong and we'll be playing catch up for most of game one before finally over running them.

Reply #543079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they can produce a descent pg or get Jackson on board then we will be the underdogs in the future.

Adams, fotu, Wynnyard, Timmins, salt and freeman.
future front court..

Reply #543080 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I don't know - if Simmons ends up being as good as projected, Australia should have enough talent to be the favourite in that match up for years to come. Doesn't mean it will show on the court, though.

Reply #543086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sportsbet got NZ +20.5 headstart for $1.87 who's jumping on that easy money!

Reply #543089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep in mind that this isn't like betting on a normal match. This is a 2 game series and points differential matters so there will be no easing up once the result is known.

Reply #543093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True thanks mate

Reply #543097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would've been a much closer series without Patty Mills but he's far and away the best player for both teams so Boomers by around 15 in Game 1 and then by 6 in Game 2 across the ditch.

The sad thing about this series is no more Lemon-iss or Brockus Motumus!

Reply #543110 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Like Paul said, Wynyard plays for Kentucky and we all know Kentucky>NBA so NZ by 20.

Reply #543116 | Report this post

W.G.  
Years ago

Are these games on tv? If so when/where?

Reply #543127 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mystro, if only that stupid Henare stopped playing NBL bench hacks in front of a future NBA draft pick who is clearly superior.

Reply #543128 | Report this post

Anonz  
Years ago

Boomers by 12 in the first game, but it'll be an ugly-fest with turnovers and rubbish FG%. Tipping that Boomers won't crack 80 pts.

2nd game will be cleaner stats-wise but NZ will try and adjust and clamp down on whomever burnt them in Game 1. Game 2 will be physical and low scoring. Boomers by 5-7.

The only danger is if Lemanis doesn't adjust to suit how NZ play, and we give up an early 4th qtr run.

Reply #543137 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Clearly Henare needs to go.
He should actually only play Wynyard and leave the scrubs at home

Reply #543144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lineup?

6'8 Fotu v 7'0 Bogut
6'6 Vukona v 6'10 motum
6'6 Abercrombie v 6'7 Broekhoff
6'2 Webster v 6'4 delly
(.?) v 6'0 mills

Reply #543146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Motum looked good on euro tour, I'm actually keen to see him go round

I don't watch Nbl at all, wondering if he was dominant last year ? Like many Aus bball fans I only tune in locally when boomers play

Reply #543192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the 36ers lsat season Motum was Top 5 in the league in scoring 17.5 ppg also averaged 7 rpg and shot 47% on 3pts.

Surprised he took the Lithuania gig to be honest if as expected Utah cut him I think would've been a real good chance to get picked up by another NBA team.

Reply #543193 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Historically not many local fans have tuned in when the Boomers play, unfortunately, but hopefully that will change under the new leadership, it's been a good start so far.

Reply #543198 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I dont tend to watch a lot of TV; has there been adds for the game? It does look like there is some talk about it on sports pages and social media.

Reply #543200 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Going to Rod Laver, getting Major Events involved, having billboards around town, selling it out, getting it on FTA TV, getting our NBA players interviewed on mainstream media, it's been a really big step up from what BA have delivered in the past.

Reply #543201 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Its a huge step up from playing in Canberra on ABC and the media sleeping on it. Hopefully it does rate well. But unless the adds have been on channel nine as well as GEM, it might pass peoples minds that it is on.

Reply #543204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watch Nine and Gem often and havent seen 1 ad for the game and I am in Melbourne

Reply #543245 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

TBs best starting 5 IMO:

Tait
Webster
Fotu
Vukunoa
Wynyard

I love that this series and the respective lineups have so many dynamics and factors to it.

Its going to be very tactical and the coaches are going to have to coach.

NZ can exploit Aus through small ball. Aus can smash NZ inside.

Can't wait

Reply #543250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ray warren mentioned it several times during rugby league games

Reply #543260 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

MACDUB, Australia can easily play small ball with the tall blacks. You need only put bairstow at the centre with Motum, Delly, Ingles and Broekhoff.

Reply #543265 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

GWB,

That's hardly small ball. 6"11, 6"10, 6"8, 6"7 & 6"4.

I'm talking really small - Tait, Webster, Abercrombie, Fotu & Vukona type of ball i.e. No Loe or Wynyard in the lineup.

Australia don't need to play small ball to win. They have superior skill and talent across the ball. No offence but in any event Bairstow is quite slow and Broekhoff isn't too fast either.

Reply #543279 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:01 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754