Anonymous
Years ago

Vickerman choosing Shane MacDonald over Jarrod Kenny

Jarrod Kenny definately looked very capable of playing in the Nbl when playing against the boomers last night. Dean Vickerman putting his old mate Shane McDonald from his teachers job into the breakers was nepotism. Pick the best player Dean or go home to Australia!!!

Especially poor when someone like jarrod who has been part of the breakers for so long misses out.

Topic #37720 | Report this topic

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

yeah he was really good, and it's extremely disappointing not to see him in the NBL this year, but you never know the Kings still have another guard spot available. Although he would be undersized and out of position

Reply #543579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He had a solid game but he isn't amazing, system suits him and he required to do not a lot.

He is fringe NBL talent at best no diff in that respect to MacDonald.

Reply #543582 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

NBL is different to international ball but I look forward to seeing how Kenny goes in game 2, he may not get the same open looks he got in game 1. He played his role quite nicely didn't he and certainly made the most of the Boomers defensive focus on Webster.

Maybe Macca just "fits" a little better in terms of his distribution qualities. Another "sliding door" situation with both players being capable of filling the last spot on the bench.

Reply #543598 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

Kenny is normally targeted when TB's play Australia. Yes he had a great game last night but I dont see him doing that on a consistent basis and I dont see him being able to do that in Wellington.

Reply #543599 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

What's to say that Vickerman offered him a spot but he knocked it back because he can earn more working in Hawkes Bay or Auckland?

We don't really know the full story.

Reply #543634 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Are Vickerman and Shane related?

Reply #543639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kemny has had looks but for plenty of reasons it didn't fit, he plays a role and good on him but I see the value in the MacDonald pick up fir the end of the bench.

There's lots of guys from second tier leagues that didn't stick or never got a contract, most of these top second tier guys get looked at but for a number of reasons don't ever get the call.

Reply #543656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get off Vickos back. being a championship coach obviously not good enough for you chumps

Reply #543729 | Report this post

Schen  
Years ago

The Cairns Taipans might consider him, they still need a backup PG.

Reply #543865 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I know a couple of coaches with roster spots available have been impressed with Kenny, not just on Saturday but last international season too.

Reply #543870 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:32 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754