m
Years ago

Kings v LSU Tigers Live Stream Link

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but for anyone that is interested in watching the game live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGJnO4SPYrI

Topic #37723 | Report this topic

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

BTW guys it's not actual footage its a commentary that will include on screen stats and an on screen box score

Reply #543669 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Is it really? My bad, probably should just delete thread then.

Reply #543670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

state of basketball in Oz in 2015 :(

Reply #543677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to do with oz basketball. LSU probably dont want theyve working on broadcast.

Reply #543686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LSU being precious is all.

Reply #543690 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I think someone here mentioned that they were initially planning to stream the game but LSU pulled out.

Reply #543693 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Kings wanted to and planned to do a really schmick multi-camera youtube live stream, but LSU didn't want any early footage getting out of the team...

Watching the live audio stream now and they've got some really nice graphics happening on the intros and pre-game, very nice indeed...

Reply #543694 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

here's the Livestats link: http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/2308/00/45/09/30ELOppRtRm2/

Reply #543696 | Report this post

Thin Baker  
Years ago

Kings are doing pretty well. They might actually win.

Reply #543702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kings couldn't win. This is a Div 1 American College team who will smash any Australian NBL team. How do I know that? Because all of the 15 year old experts on this forum who know so much about basketball say so

Reply #543718 | Report this post

anonymousE  
Years ago

Up 3 at 3/4 time against a team of 18 year olds. Domination

Reply #543720 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Not many actual Kings playing but Angus Brandt is killing it!

Reply #543723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings are only playing 8 players so fatigue would form a part of it as well

Reply #543725 | Report this post

anonymousE  
Years ago

Oh haha had no idea. Never expected it to be this close to be honest. Full strength would be up comfortably

Reply #543726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl teams, always b team as well this time of year, usually beat college teams. I've been watching happen for 20 years now. Men vs young men etc.

Will be interesting to see how Simmons goes

Reply #543727 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jarrod Weeks having a big game too with Khazzouh and Markovic seemingly on limited minutes. Always liked the look of Weeks, has a real spark about him.

Reply #543728 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Markovic checks back in and hits the game-winner, Kings win 97-95.

Brandt 27p & 13r, Markovic 17p 5r & 4a, Weeks 15p, Cadee 13p & 6a, Hill 12p 8r and 7to, Khazzouh 12p & 6r in 15mins. Other players were Indiana Faithfull and Ben Kearins.

Ben Simmons had 26p 8a & 5r and Darcy Malone had 4p & 3r for LSU.

Reply #543732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The kings couldn't win. This is a Div 1 American College team who will smash any Australian NBL team. How do I know that? Because all of the 15 year old experts on this forum who know so much about basketball say so"

HAHAHA WHAT AN IDIOT

Reply #543733 | Report this post

Thin Baker  
Years ago

Simmons is a beast. He is a fucking legend. Lebron James 2.0.

Reply #543737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's almost as good as Angus Brandt ;-)

Reply #543739 | Report this post

Thin Baker  
Years ago

Angus Brandt > Lebron

Reply #543740 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

listening to the live stream (great job, btw, Kings!) and I think the best things were the Kings bigs hitting the O boards and Markovic running the team, two things that have been lacking in previous seasons...

Slight strain for Khazzouh limiting his minutes, but was good when he was on, and Angus, sans-knee braces, seemed revitalised... I said when he was signed, but Jules coming on board will really open up Angus' game and I think give him a bit more freedom without the pressure...

Reply #543746 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"The kings couldn't win. This is a Div 1 American College team who will smash any Australian NBL team. How do I know that? Because all of the 15 year old experts on this forum who know so much about basketball say so"

HAHAHA WHAT AN IDIOT
Did you miss their point? They were saying that the NBL team would win. And they did, despite suiting 8 players and having neither of their imports or Garlepp.

Reply #543748 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Who is Indiana Faithful? Never heard of him before, but he was starting for the Kings tonight.

Brandt and Khazzouh were beasts inside against the college kids, Weeks looked like an actual NBL rotation player - that block and a couple of his drives were real impressive - Markovic was class, Cadee was aggressive. Hill was rushing it on offense and lost the ball about 75% of the time he got it in the post.

Simmons was as good as advertised. Tried to force the issue early and had some bad TOs, but once he settled down it was obvious that he's a legit #1 pick prospect. Really great touch, especially after the foul.

Reply #543749 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

where are the stats?

Reply #543752 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

http://t.co/EkDfLCdmpE

Reply #543753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weeks now with EU experience is a diff player IMO.

Reply #543755 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I guess the big thing with Weeks is what position he plays. I don't know if he's a good 3pt shooter - I see he hit 30% in Germany which is promising, at least. He seems like he's got a decent handle, but he's definitely a scorer more than he is a playmaker. Honestly, after what I saw tonight, I'd pencil him in as a rotation combo-guard next season, if it wasn't a fluke.

Reply #543757 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, Weeks' experience in Germany would have done him well, he always had that hustle, but just never got the minutes or chances and the competition was usually out of his league... What we saw of him tonight is what he's capable of, not really an outside shooter, but also a bit small to run the offence...

Hill only landed in town on Wednesday, with one team practise under his belt, I think once he settles into the full team rotation, he will hopefully be ok...

What was still more concerning for me is the commentators saying that their official start to training is still a week and a half away! Some teams will already have a months worth of pre-season training under their belts by then!

Reply #543784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Indiana Faithfull is a Sydney Comets junior who went to Wofford (NCAA Div 2)

Reply #543785 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Best name in Australian basketball?

Reply #543786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wofford is D1

Reply #543792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep sorry.....typo
His dad is American so I guess that's where the name comes from. Went to UCLA....was a swimmer though.
His sister also played Div 1 ball at Santa Clara.
Not sure where he figures in the scheme of things.

Reply #543795 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

I like Jarrad Weeks, but I say we need to wait and play him in a few more games before we make our decision on signing him. Just to make sure that it's not a fluke. But he was good

Reply #543800 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Faithfull was at Wofford (d1) before transferring to West Liberty (d2) last season.

Reply #543802 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Ah OK, seems like a PG based on his Div 1 & 2 stats. Didn't do much to stand out last night though.

Reply #543807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL vs DIV 1 I hope you are not comparing a LSU to a Kentucky or duke. Did LSU even make the ncaa tournament?

Reply #543812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brandt having similar numbers to what Conklin did last two seasons...

Expect Kings big men Kazzouh & Brandt to have good numbers this season.

Childress can pass the ball really well, along with Markovic and the chemistry he has with Cadee.

Big change from Kings previous teams which had inexperienced backcourts...

Reply #543815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"NBL vs DIV 1 I hope you are not comparing a LSU to a Kentucky or duke. Did LSU even make the ncaa tournament?"

So an NCAA team with the biggest recruit in college basketball can't even beat half an NBL team who hadn't even started training yet and had no imports. Wow.

Reply #543816 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Is it that surprising? There's a big difference between 18 or 19 year olds playing against men rather than other 18 and 19 year olds, no matter how athletically talented they are. NBL players are professionals used to playing against men. Khazzouh and Brandt smashed LSU inside, and would have done so against Kentucky or Duke, too. To the same extent? Probably not, but it wouldn't have been far off.

Reply #543819 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Shows that college teams aren't as great as advertised remember they are only young kids going against professionals.

Reply #543828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"NBL vs DIV 1 I hope you are not comparing a LSU to a Kentucky or duke. Did LSU even make the ncaa tournament?"

Probably the same poster who Isaac had to correct earlier for not understanding my earlier post.

The point here is . . . all the self proclaimed experts that come on here and sprout off about how the US is the only place where good basketball can be played are in fact WRONG.
Whether LSU made the NCAA tournament, who cares.

Put a full strength NBL team against 19 - 21 year olds and they will do very well.

This was half an NBL team and they won out of season against a team that included next years touted number 1 draft pick. While I don't doubt that he could and probably will be a special player, he is still a kid.

Reply #543834 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

If the team was full of Ben Simmons' it would be a different story. It was the future number 1 draft pick and a bunch of guys that will be lucky to play professionally, that are still kids.

Reply #543836 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:37 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754