respect
Years ago

Premier officials & fair balance

Not sure about the West game, however

Noticed the ladies premier league game at Mars had an Nbl official last week
Lucky he was on that game

Glad to see the girls comp getting more respect with new referee manager this year

Topic #37736 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

all games had nbl and wnbl officials on the games.

Norwood V North - one wnbl official
Norwood v Woodville - one nbl official
South V West - one nbl official
West v Sturt - one nbl & one wnbl plus one seabl official.

not the new ref manager making the call it happens every year.

Reply #544097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the officiating at South v West womens game was absolutely shocking.
the game by the last quarter had gotten out of control.
Mahony flopping and getting the call each time.

Reply #544104 | Report this post

Down South  
Years ago

Anon, character is built by being a good winner but also gracious in defeat

Reply #544133 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Anon 544104.
Firstly, I wish to say that I am an impartial (I'm sure Isaac can agree) spectator who was at the game. It appears that you may be a West Adelaide supporter. Whilst the refereeing at the South v West game was fairly average, the actions of the West players in the last quarter, and in particular one player was out of control. Jess Mahony was targeted, with or without the ball by the player who was eventually ejected from the game for unsportsmanlike actions (intentional under the old rule) which would not have been out of place on a rugby field. Your suggestion that Jess was guilty of flopping borders on the ludicrous. The behaviour of the team was very sad coming from a once proud club. The actions of the coach (which were missed by the referees) included giving the South supporters the "bird" on at least two occassions. I'm sure that you will reply to this post accusing me of all sorts of bias, but as I stated I am impartial and I just went to the game hoping to see a great contest, but in the end left with a poor opinion of the West Adelaide team.

Reply #544169 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Actually Jess was warned by the referees for flopping, so not so ludicrous...the long-term West people should not be tarnished by the actions of a couple of newbies.

Reply #544265 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

West men needed strong reffing which we got from 2 but the third was not up to it. 2 clear out of court in front of his nose not called and 2 leaps over the back taking a player to the floor did not receive the warranted unsportsmanlike. and a whole lot of 4th ref occurring with no warning or tech. This is not football where you run up a back to get a ball but that just played in to Sturts hand and made them more determine so not so bad as it seems.

Reply #544324 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

West men needed strong reffing which we got from 2 but the third was not up to it. 2 clear out of court in front of his nose not called and 2 leaps over the back taking a player to the floor did not receive the warranted unsportsmanlike. and a whole lot of 4th ref occurring with no warning or tech. This is not football where you run up a back to get a ball but that just played in to Sturts hand and made them more determine so not so bad as it seems.

Reply #544328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can say with certainty that the West coach did not flip the South spectators the bird. I don't expect you to believe that 544169 but the west coach didn't engage the spectators at all. That's not to say the bird wasn't flipped, but definitely not at any South spectators

Reply #544340 | Report this post

Flappin Birdies  
Years ago

So you say the Coach was flipping birds but not at the South Crowd? was he just angry with his Mumma a ref or an ex?

Reply #544451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nothing like a biased impartial point of view

South supporters were a disgrace and deserved any bird they got

coming onto court and personal attacks on players should not be tolerated

between 20-30 times on the ground IS flopping

Reply #544456 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

So where in any code of conduct or in any club expectation does it suggest that such alleged coach behaviour is warranted?

Reply #544478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you're the only person who saw alleged bird

Game Commissioner was blind Freddy that night what he allowed to continue

if you say it's so then it most definitely, without doubt must be fact

I believe every Hoops unbiased post

Reply #544484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe about half from each side - the South crowd would have been loud (and excellent), and Mahoney most definitely would have been flopping.

Reply #544488 | Report this post

Nike  
Years ago

Prelim Final referees:

Women - South @ North
Nathan Durant & Nathan Wieland

Men - Sturt @ Woodville
Michelle Dyson, Andy Filmer & James Griguol

Reply #544577 | Report this post

Discrimme  
Years ago

So when are BSA going to shell out to have 3 on the womens game?

Reply #544613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You mean the clubs. The referees are paid for out of the clubs administration fee to enter the competition. If you want 3 on women its the clubs who pay for it. That aint going to happen.

Reply #544619 | Report this post

Ready  
Years ago

Actually, clubs pay fro referee's on top of the admin fee's.

Reply #544628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

clubs haven't approved 3 referee's on the women's game talk to the clubs.

Reply #544637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clubs didn't approve 3 officials for the Mens either.

Reply #544638 | Report this post

Going Rate  
Years ago

So if clubs pay the refs, what is the going rate, and can they undercut that rate for a rubbish performance?

Reply #544640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The clubs approved it as long as they didnt have to pay anymore money. The referees took a pay cut. There are not enough referees in SA to run 3 person on both men and women without doubling up.

Reply #544641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are not enough GOOD refs to have 3-man now.

Reply #544664 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:54 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754