TR
Years ago

NBA Free Agent Signings and stuff

It looks like Joe Johnston will become a Hawk. He has told the Suns to off and he doesn't want the Suns to match the $70 mill over 6. If they do match then he wants to be traded. He's a little bitter and twisted over contract negotiations stemming from last year and current negotiations.

Damon Stoudamire has agreed to goto the Griz for a reported $17 mill over 4 years. Anyone want to take a bet that White Chocolate is definately traded to the next bidder.

Scott Padgett has agreed to sign with the Suns for $2.5 mill over two.

Fran Vazquez (11th pick in the draft) has told the Magic he's not coming. He doesn't believe that by joining the NBA this year he wouldn't be able to adjust being an American (WTF does that mean). Magic are understandibly a little miffed.

Jamal Crawford could end up in Cleveland or Portland as he's not required by the Knicks. Brown believes that the Knicks will be contenders in his third season (2008/2009). That gives him enough time to get rid of all those awful contracts that Knicks currently have.

Jeff McInnis in now backing up Kidd in NJ. Mc Innis has agreed to sign to a two year deal for roughly $7 mill. The Nets also want Wesley Person or Malik Allen or Dale Davis.

Tom Googs looks like he's gonna sign with Chicago. Good move by the Bulls to get some vet lockeroom presence.

Topic #3775 | Report this topic

Take Luck  
Years ago

god dont tell cheezeburger bout joe johnson. he'll be rambling on bout it for weeks!!

Reply #44010 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

weeks and months take luck

Reply #44017 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Here is some more stuff from my mate in Atlanta:

Boston and Miami and trying to work out a deal for Tone Walker. It may required another team and Walker is looking to sign for 5-6 mill a year, but the Celtic's don't want that much salary returned. Boston will probably get a minimum salary players plus some draft pics and get a third team involved.

Magic Johnson wants to own a NBA franchise, especially if Vegas can managed to jag it. Jordon is also interested. Imagine a franchise owned by Magic and Jordon. Geez, it would wanna be successful...

It looks like Jaric could be heading to the Cavs.

Atlanta may offer Curry a similar deal Kwame Brown got with the Lakers. Two years at decent money to see if he can still play after his heart problems.

A good news story, Jay Williams is looking good and could catch a gig with the Rockets. Apparently he's dunking again which is good news.

Reply #44343 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

shaq to sign on for 5 year 125 million dollar deal

Reply #44344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i doubt shaqs knees can last that even 3 years!

Reply #44345 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Anyone's knees can last for 5 years when your getting paid $25 mill a season.

I'm be more interested to see if Shaq's interest in the game lasts 5 years. He's got everything as it is, if he gets a ring with Miami I reckon he would retire before the end of the term.

Remember he wants to join the best job in the world....

Reply #44347 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Looks like the Nets have gone against the trade for SAR. Something about the scar tissue in the knee area that is concerning the medic's.

The Nets have also traded for Marc Jackson from the 76ers for a 2006 conditional 2nd round pick. Good trade for the Nets as he'll be a good backup at the C. Problem is now that the Nets are really short in the PF possie.

Reply #45540 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

is shareef still a free agent then TR?

Reply #45554 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm not a 100% sure, he was a restricted free agent prior, but I now think he's an unrestricted free agent. He's a free agent one way or another....

The Nets loose in this as well, they offered their trade excemption of $4.9 mill in this trade which expired last night I believe.

What must hurt is SAR turned down 6 year - $48 mill (restricted F/A) offer from the Bucks and agreed to the Nets offer (not saying the Bucks could of had the same issues). The Bucks used that money on Simmons. SAR may now end up in Cleveland and maybe the Hawks. The teams that had money floating around have all signed large contracts (minus the Hawks) with other players. SAR may have to play for the midlevel of $5 mill per season.

Apparently SAR has had this knee complaint since college but it has never affected him at all. Hell, he's put up nearly 20/10 his whole career. When was the last time anyone saw Allan Houston with a dodgy knee put up 20/10.

Reply #45565 | Report this post

michaelredd  
Years ago

big blow for shareef, disappointed he didnt sign for the bucks, maybe they can work a trade deal and send joe smith the other way

Reply #45623 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nah, keep Joe as your backup PF and trade Mason, Gaines and next years 1st rounder for SAR. Next years draft looks pretty weak.

I like Mason's game, his good work ethic and his community work, but the Bucks need a top flight PF. Simmons covers Mason's departure.

Reply #45663 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

That shits me to see a good player in SAR go to a club like the ones mentioned. Shame the nets backed out that would have been a fun team to watch!

Reply #45680 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Maybe SAR is so sick of losing that he'll be prepared to take a minimum salary for 1 year and play for a team that stands a chance of a title, well at least a chance to have a winning season.

Imagine him playing with either TD, Shaq and Flash or Amare, Matrix and Nash, or with the Pistons. How about a front court of Big Ben, Sheed, Dice, Price, SAR, Maxiell and Milicic. Now that's a power rotation...

Apparently the Nets tryed to offer SAR other contracts (same money reduced years), but he rejected them, so the Nets aren't totally in the blame.

Reply #45690 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:47 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754