Anonymous
Years ago

Has Andrej Lemanis spoken to Ben Simmons?

I will give credit to Lemanis. He made a concerted effort to catch up with players, explain his vision for the future and ask whether the guys are committed EG Bogut, Mills, Delly etc.

I really hope he does the same with Ben Simmons and soon.

I believe Ben was a bit pissed that he didn't get selected at the World Champs.

Hopefully it is now water under the bridge.

Ben has made it known that he is interested in playing in next years Olympics but it will depend on his future NBA team that selects him, timing etc.

In saying all this, does anyone know whether Andrej has caught up and spoken to Ben, whilst Ben has been in Australia?

Topic #37759 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, but Collingwood has. HAHA. Thanks guys, I'll be here all week.

Reply #544951 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I expect he will be there tomorrow night, watching him play...

Reply #544960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons wasn't ready for world championships simple as that.
His availability for Rio could hinge with the NBA team that selects him

Reply #544966 | Report this post

billy holye  
Years ago

It was not about Simmons being ready it was about taking your most exciting young prospect and investing time in him and grooming him and developing a relationship with the kid so when the olympics rolls around there no doubt he will be at camps and on tours because he is close with the coach and feels valued.
Instead we took other players who in all fairness were not ready either and didnt help the team win.....in fact it was pretty embarrassing to me as a fan.....As mentioned pretty much pissed Simmons off so it seems.

Reply #544970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons wasn't ready

Reply #544972 | Report this post

billy holye  
Years ago

He was ready for the qualifier against nz a year earlier to get into the world cup....

Reply #544984 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

No he wasn't, and it showed during those games.

Reply #544986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons was good in NZ series and that was ages ago couple of flashes of dunks etc. kid can flat out ball with the best. Will be the greatest Aussie of all time.

Reply #545007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have been selected for world champs with view to the future. At least he would have gotten minutes when we tanked the game against Angola!

Reply #545022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The smart coaches usually select a young up and comer to take to tournaments with a view to future.

Not taking Ben to the world Champs was short-sighted and conservative.

Reply #545051 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They did, Dante Exum.

Neither he nor Simmons were up to speed at camp, but they felt Exum was further advanced and took him. With Exum likely to miss Rio you can be certain Simmons will be picked if available, even if his progress is slow this year,which I doubt.

Reply #545072 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Simmons will get his chance no rush.

Reply #545106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not really, Exum went as a "core" player, not as someone to play sparse minutes. Probably wasn't up to it but a by product of him being spoon fed into the boomers system since he was 15.

Reply #545107 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No he didn't. Reports from camp were Exum was well off the pace, he was picked on potential and hence that "up and comer" spot wasn't available for Simmons.

Reply #545120 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Dante Exum isn't the Boomers core group yet. NBA or not, he provides little because he hasn't got the attitude to do much more than the bare minimum.

An NBL player would provide more than Exum has in a Boomers jersey thus far. That is just being real about the situation. Exum is pretty young, and may develop into a great player so of course he will continue to get looks over the years until he proves or disproves his worth.

Simmons probably has a better mind set for international ball to contribute sooner. He isn't going to gallop around timidly or die wondering. He will make his mistakes, but he will take it to the opposition and that alone would be why I would pick Simmons over Exum for the next year or two at very least.

Reply #545133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GWB

Totally incorrect - you don't know that kid

Reply #545134 | Report this post

billy holye  
Years ago

Boomers are not Team USA and don't have many options so why do people talk about Exum and Simmons like they would be lucky to be in the team?
I imagine Boomers fortunes change with those 2 guys playing major minutes and roles on the team. Again which is why it would have been good to take simmons to world cup....get him ready....
I would like to point out the ridiculous rationale that you can take Simmons for NZ series and play him in games that absolutely matter....but 12 months later a bigger stronger more mature skilled ben simmons can't play at the world cup. Crazy!!!

Reply #545147 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

NZ series in 2013 didn't matter, both teams qualified for the WC.

Reply #545156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone is like he wasn't ready because they were all there in training camp watching.

Of course he should of been picked and as he said he knows he was better than players who went.

Reply #545593 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:39 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754