Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers V Norwood trial game

I watched 'some' of the Sixers in action today against Norwood, in fact there were only four rostered players playing. DJ, Peach, McNeail, and Sobey.

Sobey looked the goods with slashing plays to the basket and nailing multiple threes and mid range J's. Has some speed and athleticism.

Peach was solid, still not in full season shape, but will be fine.

DJ, same as Peach, just lacking a little match fitness, but will be great.

McNeail struggled today to find the basket and was a little turnover prone. I actually didn't see any plays that someone like Doyle couldn't make. Will hold my breath until I see more.

There were a few training players that looked ok, Daniel Carlin seemed to fit in well as a development guy, and may find himself playing minutes with Hodgson on the sideline (not sure how the knee is going?)

Teys sat on the sideline with Gibbo and Creek (no sign of Walker yet), and I think I saw a guy that looked like Ebi Ere, but can't be sure, sitting on the sides.

Sixers won a very scrappy game, but Norwood looked good.

Topic #37771 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodgson will sit on the sideline most of the season . Always seems to be injured. Tall frame but maybe weak heart muscle ?

Reply #545231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHere is Hodgson from?

Reply #545238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Hodgson signing to replace Schenscher was a funny one yes would come cheap but if he's injured we've only got three bigs DJ, Petrie & Walker and DJ is the only one of them taller than 6'8".

Reply #545239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure where Hodgson is from but he finished college in 2014 and spent last season training with Melb Utd but they never signed him due to his injuries.

Reply #545240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Qld

Reply #545241 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Would have been good if this was advertised...!

Reply #545304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think it was more for Norwood to get a game in on their week off rather than the 6ers trying to get a trial game in

Reply #545308 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Is Creek injured?

Reply #545423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

had shoulder or elbow surgery a few weeks ago didn't play against norwood or sturt

Reply #545439 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:56 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754