Indominous-Rex
Years ago

Sydney Kings TV Live Stream Quality Issue

Hey guys, on the most recent live stream that SKTV did (between the Hawks and CAL) the live stream kept on stuttering and kind of freezing for a second and then working again. It's happened on a lot of the SKTV live stream and I was just wondering if any one else is experiencing this and if any one knows how to fix it. It's really frustrating, because I just wanted to watch ball but it's really hard to watch without freaking out. So if any one has any solutions it would be greatly appreciated.

Topic #37785 | Report this topic

FalconsTV  
Years ago

The KIngs use Livestream as their CDN so very unlikely that the buffering is at that side, though they may have had connectivity issues getting the stream out of the venue to the CDN. Most likely it is congestion at your end. A simple test is to switch to another network (i.e. Smartphone) to see if the same occurs. Next put your PC directly into the modem, disabling Wireless and any other device on your network. Then if all is well one by one add other devices back in. Remember, it is not only about your download speed, you also need to have enough upload for your player to communicate back to the CDN. No easy answers I'm afraid.

Reply #545382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was pretty jerky for me watching it live. Melbourne united'a stream was perfect though

Reply #545384 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

ok thanks, sorry for my arrogance here but would a mac work with the modem part. I'm usually good with computers however not with modems so yeah

Reply #545385 | Report this post

FalconsTV  
Years ago

Yep. The modem is the device that goes between your phone line and your PC (Mac). Use a cable(wired) connection to test

Reply #545387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worked fine for me

Reply #545402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worked fine for me. It was YouTube not LiveStream

Reply #545403 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

There was slight stuttering but it was still watchable.

Reply #545409 | Report this post

FalconsTV  
Years ago

If it was YT it makes it more likely that it is an issue at the end-point.

Reply #545410 | Report this post

FalconsTV  
Years ago

I assume this was the game you were watching. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGJnO4SPYrI

Reply #545411 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I picked it up partway through the 2nd quarter live and it seemed fine for me... I'm on Optus cable, but it isn't very fast at that time of night, so it worked pretty smoothly...

Reply #545426 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I watched the Hawks-Cal game on YouTube and the stream was flawless for me. And my home ADSL has been very shoddy recently.

Reply #545427 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Flawless from start to finish for me

Reply #545446 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754