NBL should get close to matching that

Reply #545463 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Need live streaming this year.

Reply #545466 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

There was live streaming last year. NBL.TV. So what you are asking is for the same service we got last year? Mmm... k.. no thanks. I often couldnt watch games live because of.. poor quality feeds.

We need Foxtel coverage at the very least.

Reply #545491 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

The streams weren't the best quality but I would rather have what we had last year instead of nothing.

Reply #545495 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

^Same, at least you could watch the teams away games. I used the ipad to airplay to the apple tv and while it wasn't the best, it was watchable...

youtube live streams have seemed pretty decent though... If they could make that work it would be nice.

If they could stream the Melbourne v LSU game in reasonable quality and with pretty decent commentary for what I assume would have been a low budget, surely the NBL can figure something similar out.

Reply #545509 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Sean, your answer is obviously, no not yet!

Reply #545544 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agree with streaming as a good fallback.

Reply #545550 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Its just a shame this whole NBN thing has really slowed down/ slowing down. Streaming is GREAT if you have the infrastructure to make it work for you. Unfortunetly Australia dosnt. My own suburb isnt even on the NBN coming soon page. Sport in Aus must still be tended to by Tv stations or it really wont get the customer exposure it needs.

Reply #545559 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Would really prefer if this wasn't a stream-job. I was confident in a TV deal, but we are closing in on the season, and there is no talk whatsoever about a broadcast deal.

Reply #545561 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

you dont need NBN to stream. HD streaming works fine on ADSL2+ and you've still got bandwidth to spare.

Reply #545562 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You don't need it, but it will open up masses of opportunities in many industries. Definitely would've been smart infrastructure to get right away and done properly. Doubly so in a country with a fading future in manufacturing.

Reply #545565 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Unfortunately it was poorly planned from the start and not much has really changed.

Reply #545568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All games on Fox

Reply #545581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What we need and what any station is willing to pay for is miles apart

We need to be able to watch games, but looks like not a single station thinks it's worth it

Reply #545590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All games on Fox

Reply #545597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"All games on Fox"

What crap. Don't know where people are getting this from

Reply #545601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some games on Fox

Reply #545605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ IDIOT^

Reply #545606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No games on Fox

Reply #545610 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

I've miss something. How do I watch NBL this season?

Reply #545612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By going to the games. Apart from that... Spend a couple hours creating all the players on 2k16?

Reply #545614 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

LoL

I go for Perth and live in Melbourne.

Reply #545616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then you better fire your PlayStation up because the games won't be televised or streamed at this rate

Reply #545618 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Dude, when I go to the games. Ill film them on my Camcorder then upload them for you. Then not only do you get a quality video experience, you also get some pretty tasty commentary from the Lebanese guys who sit in front of me. (Perth Arena)

Reply #545627 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

that's awesome.

Reply #545639 | Report this post

James Hard-0n 35  
Years ago

Still quiet on the tv thing, theyres a thing writen bout this on ozzie hoopla asking the same stufff.

http://www.aussiehoopla.com/broadcasters-playing-hardball-nbl/

I think we will b waitin a long time

Reply #545893 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

It's taking it's time but something will be on TV for sure.

Reply #546100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something is already on TV, it is called sport, not NBL but every other form of sport!

Reply #546105 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Nothing concrete in this article but LK says they are closing in on a deal.

""The TV deal is something that I believe we're close on," he said.

"We've got a number of wonderful announcements (to come) of corporate sponsors, naming rights - we're working very hard."

"I hope it looks as good from the outside as it is on the inside; the feeling is great, we're going a million miles an hour until the start of the season."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/29354082/nbl-chief-says-tv-deal-sponsors-close/

Reply #546108 | Report this post

Perth to slide.

Reply #546111 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754