Isaac
Years ago

Lightning sign four Premier League players

Alex Ciabattoni, Ieva Nagy, Tara Robinson and Mollie McKendrick.

Of the incoming foursome, only Tara Robinson (Southern Tigers), a former Lightning squad player, is a 185cm forward.

Guards Ieva Nagy (South Adelaide Panthers) and Alex Ciabattoni (Stetson University), essentially are bigger guards and Mollie McKendrick (South Adelaide Panthers) a small forward.
Full story

Topic #37797 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some very young and inexperienced names listed their in Pirini, yaeger and Ortlep, though these college grads should be ok

Reply #545715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprising that Forestville have so many names in the mix but had such a poor season.

Reply #545734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay actually read it a bit more closely, four names and only one actually in the squad, but you get the drift.

Reply #545735 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Waiting for the people who complained about a lack of locals

Reply #545741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pirini, Yaegar, ortlepp, lehmann, Elsworthy...

All very young, all guards and all South australian.
Thought they would have got some young bigs to develop also.
McKay and brook maybe?

I know the boomers have got grace collett and the youngter from u17 Lucy cochrane.

Reply #545745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pirini is WA

Reply #545753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ricey - do you seriously believe any of those four players are actually going to play very much?

Reply #545768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given how late they got going they have done pretty well to be honest

Reply #545772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would you be surprised that 4 Eagles girls were in the squad. Just cos they had a poor PL season as a team means that they shouldn't be looked at? They have all been to Aus camps or in Aus junior teams in recent years. Besides, the story lists 18 names so other than perhaps Yaegar the rest will probably be training bait.

Reply #545780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So will yaegar she's no experience at this level but great opportunity to learn for all these young players

Reply #545803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quite the opposite, I'm surprised they had a bad season despite having four state level players. I've watched them all play, they're all there for a reason. Not saying they don't deserve a spot because of their ladder position at all

Reply #545837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Morgan is off to college, I'm not sure when that starts but if the season overlaps by much I'd say she won't make the squad for that reason. Article does say Angley and Jade Johnson are training squad already

Reply #545838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Morgan needs to make sure all Ts are crossed and i's dotted to avoid putting her scholarship at risk

Reply #545926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can she get a scholarship if she's signed a professional contract?

Reply #545940 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

she can't play in college full stop if she is a professional

Reply #545971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She may play... doesn't mean she has to be paid.

Lot's of players do it.

Reply #545973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

somantics but depends on the college she is at and if its a full/partial scholarship or paid college. Also div she is playing in and if red carded or not. But they do need to confirm it all as some if not many have been caught out.. even fring benefits can be an issue. sure its all been checked out though or given college a miss even

Reply #546006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You keep using that word but I don't think you know what it means

Reply #546014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Red carded...lol

Do you even basketballed????

Reply #546024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or how to spell it...

Reply #546036 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Some colleges "red shirt" players for various reasons associated with scholarships (injury, eligibility etc)

Reply #546136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But if she's played professionally i don't think redshirting will get her into college

Reply #546137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nicole seekamp did

Reply #546250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Her & Ortlepp (and maybe others) will sign amateur contracts. No payment & should be cleared by NCAA.

Reply #546276 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754