GordonG
Years ago

Heuir Fills Final Roster Spot at Taipans

The CQUniversity Cairns Taipans today announced the signing of guard Damon Heuir to complete the 10-man roster for the 2015/16 NBL season.

Heuir, a Taipans development player in the 2014/15 season, impressed in trainings and brief stints on-court and has now been rewarded for his hard work with a full-time position in the team.

In the 2015 off-season Heuir played a significant role with the Cairns Marlins averaging 14.9 points, 3.1 assists and 5.5 rebounds across the QBL season.

Head Coach Aaron Fearne said it's great to have Damon back along with the core group from last season.

"Damon has worked hard over the last year to get to where he is today." Coach Aaron Fearne said. “We’ll be expecting that same work ethic from him as we look to develop his game even further.”

“I’m excited to see what Damon will bring to the team this year.” Fearne said.

-----------------

Anyone who saw the injury from which he has returned would have to be impressed by the way he ripped it up in the QBL...

Topic #37834 | Report this topic

JMc  
Years ago

Anyone tell me a bit more about him as to what type of player he is at QBL level and what will he do at NBL level?

Reply #546698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not at NBL level, he wont play, and the Taipans will wait for next years crop of college returnees

Reply #546701 | Report this post

The TRuth  
Years ago

Ripped it up in the qbl GordonG??? Check his numbers from when he played anyone who had any NBL level talent on their roster! He stunk!! Did his best Houdini impression against the north conference rivals when the Marlins really needed him to look like he wanted to be an NBL player.

This seems to me like a budget limited decision rather than signing the best available player!

Reply #546710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damm I was sure his name was Heuir Fills ;)

Reply #546714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a poor mans Sobey/Maynard at best.

Reply #546833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i thought the only ripping he was doing was potential nbl contracts!

Reply #547001 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:59 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754