Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats vs Joondalup Wolves Select team

Wildcats on Twitter:

Casey Prather had a game-high 28 plus 10 rebounds, Jermaine Beal scored 23 to go with nine assists.

Topic #37865 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did jawai go?

Reply #547426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nate isn't in Perth yet. Damo and greg hire also didn't play. Jarrod Kenny did play and looked good

Reply #547429 | Report this post

"So the Cats recruited Jawai and he didn't even play? Another fail!" - A Ness, probably.

Reply #547433 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

"Wildcats cheat by suiting up too many development players in a pre season game" - B. Nagy, probably.

Reply #547440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather had some nice dunks in the game.
He looked very quick.

Reply #547444 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I like what I saw of Prather. Aggressive and great finisher. Massive improvement in Daniels.

Reply #547446 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Here's my take of the game (watched it on periscope)

Prather is legit. More Ennis than Daniels by a country mile.

He's the type of player the Wildcats desperately needed last season and will need this season. Mid-range shot was better than expected and he only took one three. His strength is obviously getting to the basket, but what was impressive was his rebounding and then putting the ball on the floor and pushing the break. We had that with Ennis and without it we had no transition game.

Prather's defence is also very un-import like in that he hustles hard and is a lock down defender. He's also a very comfortable ball handler - would have no problem running the 1 in small patches.

I dont' want to get ahead of myself, but I'm feeling he's an MVP candidate.

Jarrod Kenny also impressed. Thrown right into the mix and was part of the starting 5. Seems very natural at the pg position. I think he'll be an improvement over U'u as a floor general. His three ball wasn't looking that great though.

Starting five was Kenny, Beal, Prather, Knight, Jervis.

Easy win - but that was expected over a hung over wolves outfit with random additions.

What we can take away from that first game is:

Prather is exactly the type of player the cats need.
Kenny will be very serviceable.
Beal will be back to his rookie season best with Prather being a bigger threat than Daniels.

Reply #547449 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Prather looked good - can take people off the bounce and plays d. Not too sure about his jumpshot though but so far he appears to be an upgrade on Daniels.

Reply #547450 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Very encouraging to hear!

Reply #547453 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

A lot of Perth haters will be disappointed this year. Prather is not the dud they all want him to be.

Reply #547456 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If Prather can get to the bucket and also has good enough ball handling skills to play a bit of 1, that is indeed very good news for Cats fans.

Redhage, Wagstaff and Beal will ned to hit their outside shots this season, and if they can do that, with Prather a threat in one on one scoring situations combined with Jawai and Knight on the inside, this team might end up having a good rhythm to it.

Reply #547457 | Report this post

tl;dr Man I hate the Cats - LV.

Reply #547458 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I don't hate the Cats at all

You seem to be a bit obsessed with my postings about them though. No need to get offended- it's only my opinion. Although I'm glad my opinion is evidently held in such high esteem...

Reply #547462 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Chalmers, don't be a dick. Nothing wrong with offering qualified assessments of opposing teams to participate in a discussion.

Reply #547463 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

No doubt Prather looked good, and no doubt he is Ennis-like, but we have to consider the opposition. The Wolves team just came off a championship Saturday night and they were in no way going to be able to compete with the Wildcats anyway. So while a good hit out, it's their least important pre-season game. Odd why they went with a closed-door game against Joondalup instead of their successful hit outs against the SBL all-stars in previous years.

Cant wait to see more of Beal and Prather "Run and Bump" celebrations like they did last night, homage to the Beal-Ennis combo. Already Beal has more chemistry with Prather than he had with Daniels last season, you'd never see Beal and Daniels do that.

Reply #547464 | Report this post

Wasn't trying to be a dick. I've known LV for long enough to know that his assessment and "praise" was said through gritted teeth.

Reply #547465 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Love those photos Im seeing in the Wildcats twitter feed.

Reply #547467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beating up on a bunch of kids . Lets see the cats against a real nbl team before anointing people as mvp candidates

Reply #547542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dat shiiiiiiiiiip

Reply #547551 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNFkkoQ7ga4

Reply #547556 | Report this post

A Ness  
Years ago

Give em the title now based on beating the dr who wolves (they were wanneroo once)

Reply #547581 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Desperate troll is desperate.

Reply #547624 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754