Anonymous
Years ago

Who will the foxtel commentators be?

Any rumours or insights?

Hopefully dwayne Russell is back. The man that famously coined 'lisch... Is delisch after his game winning trey against tsville

Topic #37881 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

If it is Brad Rosen I will kill myself.

Reply #548016 | Report this post

Its time for new blood. We cant keep expecting the NBL to grow and improve if the first suggestions for these sorts of things are Bill Woods and Steve Carfino.

Reply #548018 | Report this post

smoke  
Years ago

I reckon B.T and Santamaria (of Downtown Ball) who commentated the recent United v LSU exhibition broadcast would be a great find for Foxtel. Kept it entertaining and at the same time, had great insights. Please, please... no more Carfino!

Reply #548019 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

bring back John Casey for sure and some ex players like Rusty Hinder would add good value

Reply #548020 | Report this post

Pug 82  
Years ago

Should get the guy who called the Big V SCW Grand Final stream from Ringwood

Reply #548021 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Lachy Reid is great. Although I'm kinda hoping he doesn't get the job and reverts back to being Perth's MC.

Reply #548022 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Maher is a yes

Reply #548025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope its Carfino, Gaze & BT

Reply #548026 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

BT is awful, thank god he's at channel 7 and away from the NBL

Reply #548028 | Report this post

BT is awful but the alternates you listed in another thread are just as bad.

Reply #548029 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Obviously keep the regular past players, they would possibly recycle the fox footy commentators after they are finished just before the season starts?

Reply #548034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with chalmers please no woods and carfino. They were cool 20 years ago but are past their use by date. John Casey is quality

Reply #548035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GAZE WILL GET A GIG, NO DOUBT!

Reply #548036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, not yelling just 'caps lock' left on.

Reply #548037 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Most of the regular past players are terrible. Gaze especially has no idea what he is talking about. Heal just relates everything to a story about himself...

Reply #548038 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Reckon Tommy Greer would be good.

Reply #548045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like gaze as a commentator

Reply #548057 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Mike Ellis is a decent commentator and has good insights in the game. Ive heard him be the special comments man a few times.

Id actually like to see Dennis Commeti back behind the microphone for these. He did it was back in the 80's.

Reply #548072 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

BT is awful but the alternates you listed in another thread are just as bad.

John Casey isn't bad, let alone "just as bad" as BT.
Dwayne Russell is a lot better than BT.
Gaze/Heal/Maher aren't even close to being as bad as BT.

So i'd have to disagree with you there, mate.

Reply #548084 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

How come no one has mentioned the SKTV Crew? I mean they do a really good job

Reply #548085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti said he would like to see McQuade & Rosen get a gig, I appreciate their efforts but they're a bit too OTT for my tastes.

Reply #548086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The issue with ex players commentating is the obvious bias for their team which is annoying as hell.

Reply #548091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The guys from the Illawarra v cal Bears game.

Reply #548092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET, you mentioned Bill Woods, Carfino and Huddo as well. They are terrible.

Reply #548095 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd pay to have Cometti and Mike Ellis for Wildcats games as they would inform and entertain.

I'd love Bill Woods in some capacity even if it's the weekly talk show then I'm fine with that.

Mel Marsh and Michelle Trewartha deserve a gig as they added to the coverage and other ex WNBL players as sideline comments would suffice

Reply #548099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^

You refer to a weekly talk show? Is there such a thing on tap? Didn't see it in the announcement but would be nice to have, I note the A-League has something like this.

Reply #548115 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Mel Marsh and Michelle Trewartha deserve a gig as they added to the coverage and other ex WNBL players as sideline comments would suffice
Marsh didn't really work as a sideline commentator, although she did well as part of the actual commentary team in a game a couple of years ago.

Mike Ellis was just awful on NBL TV.

Reply #548119 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Carfino wasn't that bad when he was a special comments commentator alongside Casey. It was the OneHD initial years where he was the primary commentator where it all started to suck.

Bill Woods some people love, some people hate. I'm not the fondest of him, but the fact he's pretty well known would probably help the NBL a little bit especially in the role of what he's meant for, being a studio anchor instead of an actual play by play commentator.

Huddo is a good commentator, it just seems that he stopped caring anymore about AFL since 2007/8 but his swimming commentary and other sports commentary has been on point.

What other realistic options are there? Forget about the likes of Cometti - as awesome as he is - it's just not going to happen and forget about Lachie Reid, he's one of the few sports commentators at Channel Ten who's actually secure in his job.

Reply #548159 | Report this post

William  
Years ago

@Train - I doubt Lachy Reid will commentate for FOX Sports as he is a part of the Ten team. If Ten eventually gets the rights to the NBL from FOX Sports that one simulcast live game then Lachy Reid will appear in the broadcasts. Lachy Reid has done ANZ Championship for both Ten and Fox.

Reply #548201 | Report this post

DJMOJOFOSHO  
Years ago

Bring on the SKTV commentary boys of Matt, Brad & Bruce

Reply #548203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With every game live will fox need to use some of the local nbl.tv crews?

Reply #548204 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Coining "D-Lisch" shouldn't be a claim to fame. I couldn't stand hearing that phrase over and over again.

Reply #548210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back Bruce Palmer - "Paul Rees is deceptively slow"

Reply #548539 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754