cheezeburger
Years ago

Joe Johnson

finally!!!! it seems that the hawks will get him from the suns via a sign and trade with the hawks sending boris diaw and 2 first round lottery protected picks to phoenix for joe johnson to sign a 70million 5 year contract.

finally we can now move on and look at a centre then a pg.eddy curry and earl watson would fit the bill.

Topic #3789 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG ... Cheeseburger..

Quick definitions: Obsession

noun: an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone

anon

Reply #44149 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cheeze, you finally have something to be optimistic about with your Hawks.

Good move by them in only giving up Boris Daiw, two lottery-protected future first-round picks and a trade exception in the $5 million range. Johnson will be an All-Star in the East. Only concern I have is "Who's gonna give him the ball and rebound for him????"

Now they need to address the PG a C possies. Tough ask considering there isn't much talent out there to sign.

I think it def time to trade Harrington. Maybe trade him to Memphis for White Chocolate and Lorenzen Wright, both want out of Memphis (I do hear that White Chocolate could be heading to Miami in a trade).

How bout a trade with the Hornets. Give up Harrington for Speedy Claxton and a future No 1. Speedy ain't needed due to Paul and Dickau running the PG.

I think trade Harrington for Speedy and a No 1 pick (it's gonna be a decent pick cause the Hornets stink it up in the West) and let the kids run out the season. Roll the dice and see the if the kids perform and if dont then hopefully they managed to get the ping pong balls to fall and get the No 1 in 2007. After that Atlanta introduces Mr Ogden as the starting centre for the next 4 seasons (at least).

Reply #44152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #44155 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Have to tell ya Cheeseburger, there's a fair overload of SGs and SFs in Atlanta now. Harrington, Johnson, Williams, J-Smooth and J-Chill (oh, how I hate those names) ..... I can feel major trades coming on.

Reply #44156 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

josh smith for everyone out there will play as a pf.he is a tank now.

Reply #44176 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Looks like a trade is going to happen between Miami and the Griz.

Looks like the Heat would send Eddie Jones to Memphis and bring Williams and small forward James Posey to Miami.

Reply #44214 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

That trade is daylight robbery for the Heat.

Reply #44229 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Go Bucks! :-)

Reply #44240 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

its a done deal johnson to the hawks.looks like our next pick up will be ZaZa Pachulia.he will be our new center.

Reply #44306 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

where do you get this info from cheezeburger?

Reply #44307 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

a magician doesnt reveal his secrets

Reply #44340 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

come on, i'm a fellow Hawks fan! lol

Reply #44348 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Hawks - hahahahahahaha hey cheezeburger remember me?

Reply #44664 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

no so po

Reply #44685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO HEAT!

Reply #44722 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

the hawks owners are killing there own franchise.what the hell are they doing.can they just sign the deal already.i think that 1 of the owners dont like the deal and wanna take back 1 of the draft picks.

Reply #44851 | Report this post

dub zero  
Years ago

the hawks are a lost cause

Reply #44974 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Joe Johnson will play PG permanently, therefore not adding to the massive amount of Shooting Guards and small forwards. and marvin williams will become a PF

Reply #45140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea joe has said hell play the point and run the show in atlanta, at 6-9 230lbs marvin williams can be moulded into a combo forward and def play the 4, big zaza pachulia is definately a great addition - that guy can play. salim stoudamire will suprise some people off the bench knocking down shots from everywhere, he dropped 39 on the bobcats in summerleague (11/18 fg). It definately seems the nba is evening out more after this off season......except for the hornets they have basically said here the other 29 teams have all our good players we're quite happy to suck and be the laughing stock of the nba for a while. hornets will have 250 ping balls in the lottery come next june for sure.

Reply #45159 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Haha poor hornets, they had a shocking run with mashburn and davis. It was just bad luck and now they're going to work on rebuilding.

Reply #45376 | Report this post

twentyfour  
Years ago

i go for phoenix, joe johnson is one of my favourite players, but even i have to say that what he is doing is stupid. he's part of a title contender, the franchise loves him, they did all they cuold to convince him to stay. yet he goes off to a worse team in the league so he can MAYBE make the allstar game. maybe things will turn out good for everyone, but for now i cant see that happening. oh well, joe i guess its your life.

Reply #46615 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

signed sealed and delieved.offically a hawk.

Reply #46794 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

and cheezeburger just creamed his pants ladies and gentlemen

Reply #47016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and the Hawks will still suck!

Reply #47022 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

go and did a hole a hole dr.bullshit and anonymous.you put alot of thought into your post mr anonymous.

Reply #47058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No thought needed, its a nobrainer.

Reply #47093 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

> Aaron McKie to the Lake show
> Derek Anderson to Rockets

Cheezey, when was the last time Atlanta made the playoffs? I think it was when they had Christian Laettner as their starting C and now they have damn Zach Pachulia!!!
He of the career totals of 2.2ppg and 5.1rpg.

Reply #47116 | Report this post

David N  
Years ago

Josh Smith playing the PF position is like suicide he will get bodied down low even though downlw in the east might be soft but never that SOFT

Reply #48189 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

david N.obviuosly you have no knowledge of josh smith.he had packed on hell muscle in the off season.15 pounds.he is 6'10.he is a out n out pf my friend.

Reply #48264 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754