Isaac
Years ago

Hoops.com.au stats report

Just some stats and bits and pieces regarding Hoops for anyone curious. I often tweet about Hoops traffic stats but rarely think to post it here.

Since the start of 2010, the site has had over 28 million pageviews. Monthly pageview counts in 2010 were around 250-300,000. In August 2015, we set a new site record with over 710k. The previous record was July 2015's 670k.

Currently averaging almost 200 posts per day.

Traffic is 93% Australian, followed by US (2%), NZ (1.8%), Canada, UK, Germany, Japan, Poland, China.

Within Australia, Victorian traffic now comfortably tops SA:

Vic - 33%
SA - 28%
NSW - 14%
WA - 14%
Qld - 9%

This is great. For some time, I've wanted those outside SA to feel comfortable posting about all levels of basketball specific to their region. Ideally, the state traffic breakdown would be more aligned with the population of each state or strength of basketball within.

I'm also happy to see more clubs posting coaching job announcements or junior trials here. At some point there might be enough to warrant treating them differently from general forum posts. Keep them coming.

There have been two offers to buy Hoops in the last few months.

Topic #37916 | Report this topic

Anon12  
Years ago

IMHO you are doing a great job with the site. Hope you don't sell, however, saying that a lot of money talks. Have anice day.

Reply #548725 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Highlights that Victoria is the home of basketball :)

Reply #548726 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mobile traffic now tops desktop traffic, and I still haven't finished the responsive redesign. Not so much of a great job, Anon12, but thanks!

Reply #548727 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Well done Isaac, you have put a lot of effort into this site.

Was one of those offers from Cecil?

Reply #548730 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Interesting...

Reply #548732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing effort. Technology having an impact!

Reply #548738 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Did Ozhoopsboards close about a year ago now? I wonder what the stats have been like since that.

Reply #548739 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Any stats on unique IP addresses Isaac?

Reply #548741 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I feel like I was the one wracking up the Hoops stats for the European countries the last few months haha

Interestingly, I was thinking about this the other day whether LK with his new basketball.com.au would consider partnering with Hoops or even buying it.

Reply #548746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ozhoopsboards is alive with a few die hard tumbleweeds still there.

Reply #548755 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KET, one of the purchase offers I believe was from someone representing the NBL. I imagine they only wanted the domain though.

Reply #548762 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Been hanging around here for years. So it's great to see that others value the forum also. Seem to get good information here even with the recent growth of other fan based news sites.

Reply #548770 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

OZhoops is still going but they have ignored any new members/accounts for the last 2 years.

Reply #548771 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

^ they have?

Ozhoops is the type of msg board you go to now where everyone knows your name.

It's a small minority now.

I miss CatChat

Reply #548772 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

@RMQ yeah it would appear so. I have tried to get an account for 2 years and had no response. You don't see any new posters at all either.

CatChat was awesome.

Reply #548775 | Report this post

I wonder if Dunkin Dan's 17 year ban from CatChat has finished yet. Must be close.

Reply #548783 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Top work Isaac. Glad you haven't sold on, what hate to see what the potential purchasers would do to the domain.

For me, the Hoops forums are a go-to at the beginning and end of a day. If something interesting has happened, it will usually be posted on the forums promptly.

I'm one of the crusty Ozhoopers too, although pretty much look at it now purely for fantasy chat and whatnot.

Reply #548830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess no one can stop you selling and then starting another one..different name same format. Or will they oblige you not to do it ?

Reply #548831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm an ex ozhooper and i used to think that was the premier national board whereas hoops was very SA-centric. However Ozhoops now don't even bother with new registrations and only do megathreads which hurts the ability for more detailed conversations.

Reply #548838 | Report this post

froggy  
Years ago

Isaac Thank you for the info. I post rarely(once +?) but do enjoy reading this forum regularly. It is a source of info, amusement and fun!

Reply #548852 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Nice work Isaac, great site.

Reply #548884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I now know why Cussy still is able to post. No care from Drek. MIA

Reply #548894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cussy?

Reply #548909 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I have checked out this site on a regular basis, been my go to place for basketball info for the last 5 years. I hardly ever post a comment though.

Reply #548914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whatever happened to CatChat? Was a great forum, the word I heard was that the moderators got their p@nties in a knot and took the site down. I think from memory it was some guy called Craig and WildcatsRule?

Reply #549131 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754