Tom
Years ago

Crocs V 36ers Pre Season

Is there a stream for tonight's game? Or is anyone in Darwin able to live post on her?

Topic #37925 | Report this topic

FM  
Years ago

I can. 12 minutes to go

Camera and computer are set up. Hopefully you get YouTube

No live stat link at the moment either

Reply #548841 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

It wont let me post the link, check the 36ers twitter its there!

Reply #548843 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

18 -11 3:30 to go

Reply #548846 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Qtr time

29-26

Trading baskets. We are playing high intensity, therefore a few possessions with turnovers but I wouldn't change the style of play.

Reply #548849 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Qtr time

29-26

Trading baskets. We are playing high intensity, therefore a few possessions with turnovers but I wouldn't change the style of play.

Reply #548850 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Here's the link folks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WIVherhpwx4&layout=tablet&client=mv-google

Reply #548853 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

54-39 down at half

Reply #548857 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

39:53 half time

Crocs looking after the ball. Sixers finding out that going 1 on 3 to the basket will normally result in a block and no call from the refs.

Too early in the game with Sixers using 9 players.

Reply #548859 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Wow... just wow even in a preseson game thats not great.

Reply #548860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's why its pre-season, got to work stuff out

Reply #548864 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

65-75 without Conklin who hopped off 2nd quarter.

Leon Henry seems to be our mismatch problem.

Reply #548865 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Gibbo looks pretty sharp.

Reply #548870 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

86 -88
2:44 to go

Reply #548875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenyon not great in the crunch

Reply #548877 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Stream cut out last possesion 90-88 Sixers way

Reply #548878 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Kenyon not great in clutch.... why not what did he or didn't he do.

Reply #548879 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Not sold on Kenyon yet - seemed to dribble into trouble a lot.

Sobey could be very very good.

Our trapping defense, if we can keep it up, will cause real problems.

Reply #548880 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Either the 36ers were trying all sorts of new things or the Crocs are better than expected. Preseason or not surprised it was so close... Goes to show it aint played on paper. Hopefully Kenyon gets it together.

Reply #548887 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

90 - 88 final. Sixers scrape win

Kenyons dunk was the game changer.

That's every imports job, do something fantastic that inspires the crowd, changes the momentum and wins the game. He did that.

Ebi works hard all game. I think we might look alright at the Blitz.

Townsville play basics and they do that very well. Great intensity in defence

Reply #548889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow.Not sure what the scoring was based on but somewhere there was a 14 point spread? That ended at 2?
That's a worry to me, or were players rested?

Reply #548891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe, did you watch it? turnovers, missed J's, the dreadlock guy burned him whenever he wanted! Oh, my bad he had a dunk. All that is expected is that an import is of an import standard! Unfortunately, I am yet to see it. I'd much rather be saying how good he was, but if I was an owner and treated it as a business, i'd be starting to question things. Harsh? yes!

Reply #548892 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Kobe, don't doubt the Crocs will be competitive. They may finish bottom, but it's not like they are 20 points worse than every other team. They will win their fair share. Mr Dreadlocks looks like he will be solid and Conklin is an MVP. What we should be concerned about was Schensch doing what he liked in the key. Interior defense/size is a fair weakness.

Reply #548895 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Nah I didn't see it, hence I asked. The question mark button doesn't work on my Mac. I have had my suspicions based on a few things I have heard from people in the know. Would be hard pressed to see him cut at all, one of Joey's picks, so you can bet on him getting every chance to succeed.

Im more curious on how Dj is performing, imo the 36ers will only go as far as he can take them!

Reply #548897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FM, the government needs to use you as a spin doctor!! You could sell Ice to Eskimos

Reply #548899 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

DJ played sparingly while I was watching but seemed to be in great touch.

Reply #548900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One thing I really like about this years team is the extra shooting. Walker, Creek and Hodgeson would be the only players that shouldn't shoot from outside. Should really open things up for Johnson. Teys and Sobey looked really impressive!

Reply #548901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Preview of the battle for the wooden spoon

Reply #548902 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Kobe, did you watch it? turnovers, missed J's,"

3/7 43% FG, only 2 turnovers and 4 assist in 21 minutes.

Ebi only played 16 minutes. They are spreading the minutes and giving everyone a run which is more beneficial for pre-season.

Teys 15 points in 18 minutes. Got to love that guys effort!

Reply #548905 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Sobey quickly becoming my favourite player...

Reply #548906 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hodgson shot well outside during match against the canadian team and with ease so hold your thought on that

Reply #548911 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Everyone keeps talking up Sobey, starting to look forward to seeing him... sounds like a Teys 2.0 type guy. Good value.

Reply #548933 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Sobey has potential to be very very good. If he nails down a consistent jump shot, and a better handle he could be a combination of Tom Abercrombie and Chris Goulding. At 6"3 he has typical NBL SG guard size which I think he is most suited to playing.

Reply #548938 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Tom, how does Sobey compare to Madgen as an example?

Reply #548941 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Tornado, They are quite different. Madgen's strength is his Jumper but is not overly athletic and isn't a great defender. Sobey has a jumper but isn't his strength. He is playing great D and athleticism is on par with Creeky I'd say... IMO

Reply #548948 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Thanks Dave. Not sure how he could be compared with Goulding then either?

Sounds to me like he is just a shorter version of Abercrombie?

Reply #548956 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

His vertical leap is impressive. Definitely more Creek / Abercrombie.

A rotation of Kenyon/Tees, Sobey, Creek, Walker and Hodgson/DJ would be risky but lightning quick to watch.

Our bench looks good. We don't really lose anything, therefore that trapping, in your face style of defence could run all night.

Reply #548963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey has a great handle and can break down a defender which is something that is lacking in Abercrombie's game. I actually heard Joey Wright make some comparison to Goulding, which is interesting as he actually coached him.

I did also note last night that Sobey had no issue staying in front of Jordair Dreadlock Jett, who was causing all sorts of problems for matchups, so he certainly adds depth there too! It will be an interesting season for him as he will actually get a chance to play minutes.

Reply #548964 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Question - With Sobey impressing in pre-season would it be worth starting him at SG next to Gibbo @ PG and bring Kenyon off the bench?

Reply #548965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would certainly get more athleticism as well as defence doing that. But it would depend on what Joey does with Teys also. Kenyon came off the bench last night with a Teys start I believe.

If you had Gibbo, Sobey, Ere, Peach, DJ, it would be quick, but imagine if they had a faster athlete other than Ere as an import!

Reply #548966 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

It is way to soon to be comparing Sobey to many of those guys, or even to consider starting him, but on what I have seen I am confident that he can have a good NBL career and make a real impact.

Reply #549048 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

No one commenting on tonight's game? Wasn't home tonight and don't know anything other than the box score posted on the Sixers Twitter, but I take back everything I previously posted. Townsville are woeful and are at least 20 points worse than every other team. Kenyon is legit. Sober is a superstar. Dreadlocks Jett is not solid.

Kobe, I assume you are happier with a 30 point victory with DJ, Ere and Gibson playing less than 15 minutes? But no Conklin for Townsville.

Reply #549148 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

XY I posted in the other thread. No Schenscher for Crocs also.

Reply #549152 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Sobey's number really strong.

Despite attention from fans and media suggesting sixers to be a team who will fill the bottom end of the 8, i's suggest to at least accept their game might be quite entertaining regardless of result.

Never seen a team Joey manages where he gets average players to fill roles/spots. #never

Reply #549154 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754