Anonymous
Years ago

Crocs Vs Sixers Game 2

Can anyone give a summary of the game tonight as I didn't get a chance to watch it. Cheers

Topic #37937 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Sixers won 90-62. No Conklin or Schenscher for Townsville. No Teys for Sixers, not sure why.

Sobey continues his great form with 22 points (10/16) in 27 minutes. A couple of dunks also.

McNeail with 19 (7/12), 4 rebounds, 5 assist and 3 steals in 28 minutes. Not bad by an import who isn't import standards according to one forum poster. He also tried to dunk it over someone, so he has great leaping ability also.

Ere, Johnson, Gibson and Petrie all played limited minutes.

I only watched the second half but we just dominated with Townsville not having enough fire power to compete. I look forward to seeing how the Sixers go against NZ, Perth and Cairns.

Reply #549151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the Sixers game in Shoalhaven going to be streamed?

Reply #549156 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Teys injured hand/wrist yesterday during game.
Conklin out early during the game yesterday. Not sure about Luke, but he put in a good game the night before so I presumed he would have pulled up sore.

If he didn't get fouled on the dunk attempt, that would have been good

Jett has a quick 1st and 2nd step on take off. Was he also a sprinter? He burnt everyone on his initial burst occasionally. He shot poorly tonight but seems to be just making it up and down the court. He might actually be the real deal come season proper.

Ebi just went through the motions, holding back a little. Just giving enough. Team appears heavily focused on half court sets which are coming together. Pur back court defence will hurt 2nd ball carriers in teams. First fives should handle it well, but benches will hate it

Reply #549157 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sobey 22, McNeail 19, Johnson 11 (12 minutes).

The 36ers posted a photo of the boxscore here.

McNeail's 28 efficiency was the game high. Sobey 23, no Croc topped 20.

Reply #549171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nick Kay and Mitch Young were impressive for the Crocs - Jett looks fairly unfit but still was one of their best over the last 2 games.

Who are the favouites for ROY this season? Nick Kay would be a guy to keep an eye on.

No Djeric for the Crocs either so they were down to a 7 man rotation. 1/15 from 3 as it looked like Adelaide played a fair but of zone during the game and the Crocs clearly hadnt done much on zone offense... they ended up forcing bad 3's or long jumpers as a result.

Maynard was horrible... 1/11 with 4 TOs. I'm going to say it now, he aint a PG! Sobey gave him buckets at the other end too!

Reply #549176 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

If last nights game is anything to go by, 6ers are going to at least be fun to watch this year.

Reply #549183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maynard was let go from Cairns for a reason. They didn't think that he was at the level. If he is to remain in the league, he will have to re-invent himself a little.

Reply #549185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is Mitch Creek?

Reply #549187 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Kenyon looked very good.. Very surprised to see people writing off a guy who has only just arrived in the country.

The man can play and Joey knows what he is doing bringing a guy like him in. He has clear definitive roles for all players in the squad.

Reply #549190 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Mitch is recovering from minor surgery to clean out his elbow or something.

Reply #549191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did anyone get a chance to see much of Ebi? is he in shape? how will he go for the season?

Reply #549197 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Ebi has been used pretty sparingly from what I have seen. shot looks OK at times but hasn't seemed to be going 100% to me.

Reply #549203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's overweight

Reply #549213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not to hijack but does anyone know when season tickets will get sent. Paid up last season during finals. Zero info since.

Reply #549216 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Tickets can be collected at the Sixer's Member's Day on Sunday 20 September 2015 from 10am to 1pm at Titanium Security Arena.

I assume if you don't attend they will be posted out after that.

Reply #549218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahah yeah looks overweight to me too. Not the body type of those stellar years, would be funny if Kenyon ended up serviceable and Ebe ended up the ordinary pick up.

Reply #549226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Members day sounds like a real goer to me!

Reply #549275 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:57 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754