Proud Blue
Years ago

Sturt Boys Programme 2015

Being a basketball fan, interesting to note that in Div.1 boys/men all but one team has made a Grand Final. The only team to miss out was the U/16 boys. All this with still Prelim Finals under way tonight.
Well done to the Sturt program and no wonder the envy of all clubs.
Step it up other clubs, or more players will surely want to play at the Premier club.

Topic #37945 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or they'll be approached by Sturt

Reply #549301 | Report this post

Proud Blue  
Years ago

I am so tired in listening to the theory, Sturt approach other players. It's more like other parents/players approach Sturt and why wouldn't they!

Reply #549305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I keep coming back to the fact mentioned elsewhere that in Sturt's premier league team that made the grand final this year they had all but 2 team members that were Sturt juniors.

This is something all of us other clubs need to think about before we talk about poaching. Develop your players and the rest takes care of itself. I'm sick of those running my club just blaming everyone else.

The club in the far north has shown that there are no excuses.

Reply #549306 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

I'm sick of Sturt gloating

congratulations give yourself a big pat on the back and denigrate every other Club

so gracious ..so full of your own importance...so Sturt

Reply #549310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do something about it like Centrals have!

Reply #549314 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

^

Reply #549318 | Report this post

Suck it up!!!  
Years ago

Im sick of hearing how people want to slam Sturt!!! In my opinion they have done the right thing.

How can you argue with there success over the passed 10 years......

Name another club that has been able to maintain the success they have had over the last 10years. Don't get me wrong... Could they do it in a different way i.e. detailing there success. Why is it we live in a society that who ever is better than us we need to shoot down in flames. At what point do we recognise excellence and development of the sport!!

Reply #549347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt must be absolutely gutted that they missed out on another Sturt v Sturt GF. Well done Central boys U18D2

Reply #549367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, finishing two teams in the top 3 would be a terrible result.

Reply #549370 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There's no doubt Sturt set the benchmark in boys basketball in SA.

Would they be as successful in a lower socio-economic area?

Reply #549401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All but 2 members that were Sturt juniors? Well if they take the better players from other clubs at a junior level then it's easier to have that result.

Reply #549416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe only 2 of them had ever played anywhere else...

Reply #549434 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Jack that theory would make Forestville and Norwood the Best Club so don't think so. Sturt has many players from the southern suburbs as well and to the West as well.

416, what was your point again ? The import was one of them and a player who joined in mid juniors who actually did not hit the court in the final... And Norwood had an Ex Sturt developed player that went to the NBL thanks to their development and then top scored and lead their team to beat the Sturt team. So really Norwood should be thankful for Sturts Junior Development as well and that player choosing a mate over giving back to the club that developed him.. So what is your point again….

Reply #549435 | Report this post

Years ago

#370 when did sturt settle for third. Sounds like they would count 'winner of the loosers' if they followed your line.

Reply #549461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Fish - Small Pond.

Sturt except on the odd occasion always struggle against the power Vic clubs.

Reply #549468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous, history shows that not to be the case.

You must be new to basketball. Good luck with it champ.

Reply #549471 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

468 ^ legit comment

Reply #549482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous,

Do you realise Sturt has won twice as many medals at the National Classics as all other SA club put together. And same for NSW teams?

And that other than Knox, Dandenong and Melbourne. That Sturts results at the Classics, against the top 8 vic teams in each age group, have shown that in the last 10 years it is consistently and clearly a top 4 club?

Reply #549503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks wondered if anyone had worked it all out

Reply #549504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You were the one making the statements about fish. Obviously you had!!!

Reply #549537 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754