JMc
Years ago

NZB vs SYD - Game 2

Anything of note from those who saw the game? Noticed from stats that Charles Jackson did better and Marcus Thornton still shot poorly

Topic #37948 | Report this topic

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Yeah the kings haven't been together for to long and because of that I don't think they've worked out who's going to take the shots, and I think thats why Thornton is shooting bad shots.
Although they were much better at getting the ball inside then last game. hence Khazzouh dominating.

Also seemed like Childress was either tired from the last game or just decided to chill, because he didn't seem to be as productive for his standards. Although he still played will finishing with I believe 10 points 5 rebounds 5 assists and a block or two. I was honestly quite surprised that he didn't dominate the boards.

I noticed Markovic barely shot, which was interesting, same goes for garlepp. Like I said before it looks like the Kings just need to figure who shoots what and when. Although that being said Hill and Cadee were both great, and overall the kings played really well collectively hence the pretty large margin.

They still have some things to work on like Thorntons shots and getting him open so he doesn't shoot bad shots, but a great learning experience, and great outcome

Reply #549348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couple of shockers from Cedric Jackson.

Reply #549350 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings are trying to focus on different players in different games, as like Rex said, it was like a different Childress this game, at least by the stats, but his lower numbers still weren't bad, like he was forcing things and just weren't coming off, more like he wasn't being the focus, which as a Kings fan, is great to see Jules stepping up from the start... and he got the impressive numbers he had in just over 26mins...

Markovic with another ordinary stat line, but I'll save judgement until I see him running the team in person as we know lots of stuff doesn't always appear on the stat sheet...

Still need to work on rebounding, but great to see other players step up a bit as well, if we can get consistent effort from the bench to support the starters, that will go a hugely long way to improve on last season...

Reply #549352 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers shooting from outside was shocking, Abercrombie injured his hammy also

Reply #549355 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Te Rangi's preseason minutes should stay high with Corey/Tom out. Great chance for him to show some stuff

Reply #549362 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

That's great if TeRangi can knock down his shots with some consistency, last night he went 1/7 from outside making the Breakers only 3 point shot!

The whole team were appalling from everywhere shooting 33% from the floor and 4% from behind the arc (1/24).

Charles Jackson is beginning to find his feet and put up much better numbers and Tai Wesley showed some hustle at both ends but apart from that they were a Train Wreck compared to the previous games efficiency.
Some credit must go to Sydney for making some defensive adjustments but how much of it was down to NZ's poor offensive execution?

Having Abercrombie now injured to go with Pledgers recovery and the Webster/NBA situation is not ideal. Luckily they have Ced Jackson, Mika Vukona and Wesley.

Reply #549411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Abercrombie is always injured. Hamstring, wonder if its a tear or strain!?

Reply #549425 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

On Sunday the Kings played at the Breakers practice facility. They played 4x 10min mini games, essentially just scrimmage quarters behind closed doors.

NZ had Ced Jackson out with a cold, to go with Abercrombie who is expected to miss the pre-season blitz after re injuring his hamstring, Pledger and Webster.

Unsure if Sydney has any injury concerns.

Sydney won 3/4.

Reply #549598 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Kings only sat out Childress from what I heard? Makes sense, no point risking him...

I heard also that Thornton was a lot more impressive in the scrimmage, Cedric being out makes a bit more sense that Marcus would have a bit easier time, but hopefully still gives him that bit more confidence ready for the Wildcats at Moss Vale on Saturday...

Reply #549645 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:56 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754