Ballstreams it is...

Topic #37952 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

TIL some people don't know about VPNs

Reply #549477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was $320 for premium for me As a returning customer. the fkn little dogs billed me tho without the option to opt out. nothing on pay pal or the league pass billing and setting section to opt out, so I thought it was all good. but then I wake up on thurs morning and they had charged me 320 from pay pal :(:(

Reply #549480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure auto renew is written in multiple places seeing as it would surely be against the law not to mention it

Reply #549484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I got multiple emails warning me about the payment and the date it would occur and to cancel my subscription before then if i didnt want to be charged/continue

Reply #549485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sportsbet app....

Reply #549489 | Report this post

picklez  
Years ago

I went through zambia

Reply #549495 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

$365 australian for me I think as a returning customer.
Not sure on the not notified bit. I had no less than 5 emails notifications, and the bank SMS'd me to verify prior to approval since its offshore. I don't think it showed the final pricing though until the last email.

Guess you need to factor in how many games you plan on watching. Watched 120+ games in our household last season which works out as pretty good value.

Reply #549499 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I got multiple warnings to opt out of league pass via email. I'll most likely use league pass money for NBL league pass. Aka Foxtel.

Reply #549509 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Something must be up with their system- just checked my bank statement and they have charged me $303.02 on Friday.

I have no idea why.

I had a $35 monthly league pass in May and June, but then when I realised I was still being charged, I emailed them a month ago and they emailed me back to say my subscription had been cancelled and my last available day was 10th or 11th of August.

Now I get charged $303.02- clearly a mistake. Will have to follow this up.

Reply #549513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you paid/charged via a paypal auto renewal and lodge a dispute against the charge you won't have any issue getting a refund...have done it previously with a different service with no problems...

Reply #549533 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

What country gets cheapest league pass?

Reply #549535 | Report this post

picklez  
Years ago

For zambia I am paying 16.99 a month US with is around AU$24 a month. $20 a month cheaper.

FYI it's for the premium package.

Reply #549542 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Guys....

NBA League pass is $109.99 USD (~$160 AUD) if you use VPN and buy from Ghana.

Enjoy.

Reply #549544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will you have to use a VPN showing that you are watching from Ghana or Zambia each time you log in, hence slowing down your stream?

I'd prefer to just use Ballstreams or one of the betting websites that offers live streaming.

Reply #549552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I auto renewed for 140 Canadian dollars or 160 aus. google the VPN method. easily the best way to go. VPN is only needed during sign up so even just do a free 30 day trial.

this is the link I used last year. pretty simple to follow. disregard the expired at the top the process should still work

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/159784

Reply #549581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you a VPN and still use league pass on an AppleTv?

Reply #549589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once you have purchased the login you can watch from anywhere on any device. No need to watch through VPN. Or that's my experience with IP through India.

Reply #549593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone tried the NBA TV option for $11.99 a month
Looks like you get 10 random games to watch live or streamed and then the rest of the NBA TV content.
I'm not a big watcher as I don't have the time and would only want to watch some game highlights and maybe a full game or two a week.
Has anyone used this option?

Reply #549806 | Report this post

Indigo Wolf  
Years ago

That is a rip-off! I wouldn't pay that kind of money for that kind of service. I love basketball but that is just not me. I'd rather get lucky and just wait for games on cable television or just watch highlights on youtube or nba.com which is pretty much all I want anyway.

Reply #550010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

30 teams play 82 games total of 2460 games played

Divide that by $400

You get 6 games for $1.

Even not discounted via vpn that's a bargain

Reply #550015 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Only if you watch them all.

Reply #550039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you aren't going to watch them all get the package where you pick your favourite team and a couple others.

Reply #550044 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's only good if you have a particular team you want to watch.

Reply #550062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol #015, you realise they play against each other, right?

Reply #550064 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

No, I am pretty sure it is 2,460 internal scrimmages.

There was a great game last year, Golden State v the Warriors - ah, good times.

Reply #550081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You lot are absolute mongs

2460 is 82 games multiplied by 30 teams.

2460 NBA games are played.

If you don't have a favourite team you like to watch then stick to the NBL where unathletic white guys layup their way to 65-60 victories

Reply #550114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are 30 teams and each team plays 82 games, that is correct, but there aren't 2460 games in the regular season. There are exactly half that many since each game is played by TWO teams at the same time.

So the real answer is 1230 regular season games. In the playoffs, each round consists of a best of seven series. There are sixteen teams, with a total of four rounds in the entire playoffs. There a total of 15 series with a maximum of 105 (if all series go to seven games) or a minumum of 60 ( if all series are won in 4 games).

So with the regular season and playoffs, the total number of NBA games played are between 1290 and 1335 games.

There are also normally 8 preseason games for each team. If you count these the number grows to 1410 to 1455 total games

Reply #550118 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

#114, Ouch. That must hurt. 30 teams x 41 home games each would have got you where you meant to be without double counting.

1,230 regular season games, of which probably 1,000 are meaningless. That is my biggest gripe with the NBA, and why I generally take only passing interest during the regular season.

Reply #550119 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Don't make fun of anon guys, he's tired. He's been busy watching 2460 NBA games to get his money's worth, which, watching 16 hours per day, takes up 384 days of the year.

Reply #550123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fuck I'm an idiot

Reply #550129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I used Hola for Google Chrome as a VPN last year to sign up and all worked fine. This year when I try to do the same thing it still comes up with the Australian price. I feel maybe the NBA has switched on to the issue and has made it a little harder to use this method. Has anyone had the same issue or had any success signing up with a VPN for the upcoming season?

Reply #550431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re Hola, you may need to remove the watch.nba.com cookies then try again.

Reply #550550 | Report this post

gleesos  
Years ago

$200 value for going through sportal? What NBA fan needs regionalised content? $399 in Australia anywhere or $199 from nba.com/leaguepass

Last year was able to purchase leaguepass overseas and use it in Australia - it looks like they have set things up different this year, so I might just wait until someone confirms you can still do this.

Reply #552303 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754