Wayne
Years ago

Where would Gaze be now if he was 24?

As the title suggests just wondering.

Has the size the bball iq.

Nba 3 and d type player?

Europe high or low level?

For mine has the size, iq and shooting. Doesn't have the athleticism, speed and go to move off the dribble.

Maybe 6th or 7th man nba?

Love to hear thoughts of people who know way more than I do!

Topic #37964 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Definitely Europe, his scoring ability makes Goulding seem timid. NBA, sure if Sasha Vujevic is still getting a look in, a young Gaze would be on a roster. Times have changed and there is so much more exposure now.

Reply #549713 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Thanks Kobe.

What do u think his role would be in the nba?

Reply #549715 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He'd be on an AFL rookie list.

Seriously though, he'd get a lot more of a look in at NBA level. If he didn't stick and the Tigers were around and his dad was coaching them, then he'd be playing for the Tigers.

He had his stints in big leagues in Europe but Melbourne was his first love and he turned down many many rich Euro offers to play for them.

Reply #549716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he went to college at the level of Seaton Hall and had an impact he likley would have been a late first or second round pick.

He would be making his way in the nba/d league/ or europe as a 3 and no d player.

Reply #549717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He'd be in a position to actually earn a ring

Reply #549720 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

I think Andrew Gaze would have been more than a "3 and D" player.

Andrew Gaze was an awesome offensive player; he just lacked the athleticism and defence to get him noticed. I see no reason he couldn't have been a 6-8th man on an NBA roster getting good minutes and averaging double figures.

Andrew was a bit unlucky to play in an era when international players were treated with scepticism.

Reply #549721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have to play defense to be a 3 and D player.

Reply #549722 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

NBA spark off the bench in a SG position .

He is a winner and a natural scorer and if a coach uses him enough I could see him making decent money and having a decent NBA tenure.

I think his love for Melbourne would have him returning home and perhaps buying the Tigers himself !

Reply #549726 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Definitely overseas.

Reply #549730 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agree Proud. If he wasn't in the NBA he'd be playing for the Tigers and scooting over to Europe for a couple of months at the end of each season to play for one of the power clubs.

Reply #549732 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Probably snapchat or tinder?

Reply #549801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He dominated at seton hall and almost got them the ncaa title. His teammate got the credit though

Reply #549885 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754