Anonymous
Years ago

Blowing on opponent

Got a warning tonight in a social game for apparently blowing on an opponent preparing to take a layup. Thought it was more of a preparing for impact thing as it was a one on one situation under the basket but whatever.

Ridiculous call from a ref at the other end of the court who has admitted to not liking me and not calling fouls because of it, or legitimate rule break?

Topic #37965 | Report this topic

?  
Years ago

Real technical call and it would have to be very overt to justify. Sounds like you have answered your question in the second part of your post.

Reply #549724 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

Like all those juniors that yell out "shot" really loud in their opponents face on lay ups - I have seen warnings given out for that

Reply #549725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got a warning tonight in a social game for apparently blowing on an opponent preparing to take a layup.

I am confused OP, you were not sure if you actually did blow?

Reply #549728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Air would have left my mouth, but I feel like it was because I tensed up ready to take a charge because the guy had gone straight into me twice before rather than actually blowing on him to put him off.

Fair enough though if it's a real call, just surprised the umpire managed to see it from so far away yet constantly missed me getting my head smashed from behind from a couple of metres away

Reply #549737 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

One NBA player does it and now every kid on the block thinks it's a good idea.

Reply #549745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Messy

Reply #549753 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Add an 'a' to the sentence and the whole conversation changes tone.

Reply #549758 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It might sound trivial, but the umpire might be seeing it from a sportsmanlike perspective where they believed you were trying to put them off.

Reply #549759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many others out there are just holding back on this one, really holding back?

Reply #549770 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

What an odd thing to do...

Reply #549784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@549770, hardest thing I have ever done!!!

Reply #549808 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Sounds like absolute nonsense from the referee to me.

Reply #549813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I felt like it was ridiculous to get an official warning. Fair enough let me know I can do it but a warning seemed harsh

Reply #549814 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754