Baller6
Years ago

NH: Jarryd Hayne's first NFL touch

Off topic I guess but who saw that coming from jarryd hayne's first touch in the NFL regular season.....I cringed, pressure must have been unbelievable.

Topic #37968 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why was he even that far back?
Totally misjudged distance.

He was so pissed... Luckily it didn't result in points.

Reply #549822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Missed it, was it on a run or a punt return?

BTW what is it with the black uniforms, surely their usual strip would have been fine, very ugly to watch and can't even read their numbers properly!

Reply #549825 | Report this post

He's pretty much the Delly of the NFL.

Reply #549826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very harsh, and very stupid again by you Chalmers! If he had grown up playing NFL you may have the slightest idea, but as usual you just have an opinionated and narrow minded view point.

Reply #549827 | Report this post

Oh dear.

Reply #549829 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

The wind seems like a big factor in the game. He's done some nice small runs but nothing really of note yet.

Reply #549832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So nothing in special teams, he is actually being used in set plays?

Reply #549833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

their main RB got hurt i think.

Reply #549837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's see the Hyde and Haynes show in the second half then.

Reply #549839 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Chalmers were you kidding or being genuinely harsh. He has bounced back pretty well, I reckon he will stick and be pretty solid player. Bush injured too so never know he may get a bit more burn.

Reply #549840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, he is outselling everyone with his jersey No.38 and he is an Aussie underdog and he has to earn his spot and he is an unknown and he wasn't drafted after college, so yeah I can see some similarities.

Reply #549844 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

He should've been further forward given the conditions the punter was punting from - wedged back in the end zone with less space between himself and the return team, it was bound to be a weaker kick. Don't know if that's Hayne's fault or the special teams coach.

I was a bit surprised to see them go with him as the 3rd RB (2nd after Bush left the game), but it's just as well, because it looks like he's been beat out of the primary PR spot.

He did OK by and large. 3.3 yards per carry is decent, although by comparison Hyde, the 49ers #1 back, tore it up on the ground.

Reply #549850 | Report this post

Delly  
Years ago

Hayne is similar to Delly. Except, Hayne has skills gained from NRL.

Reply #549858 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:24 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754