Isaac
Years ago

Brad Bungey's future

Hoping that someone can provide their thoughts on Brad Bungey. There's no doubt that he has potential (33 points against Sturt on Saturday night, scoring from a range of locations, got some impressive blocks) but unless I'm mistaken, he wasn't training with the Sixers recently.

Does he have plans to go to a US college or is he ineligible?

I guess I'm wondering why, as decent as he is, Madgen might make the development roster ahead of Bungey when we have more of a need for a big man at the NBL level? Surely Ingles coming in soon would be competing for that same position with Madgen?

Any ideas?

Topic #3797 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

You make some interesting points Isaac, as we chatted about on saturday maybe it has something to do with his attitude more so than if he has game or not?

IMO attitude can be changed and the Sixers struggle to get Big Guys that want to dunk and want to get big swats etc so I would have thought Bungey would have made it over Madgen.

Reply #44235 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

To answer your query, Brad has made the decision to focus on his studies at this point in his life.

He has made this decision himself (and i am sure it was a difficult one).

He certainly has potential, but has had potential since he was in u16's (attending the Australia camp).

I understand he was asked to attend, but at the moment his priorites are not with pursuing basketball as a career.

Perhaps now he has made this decision, his attitude has cooled some, and he has been playing the best i've ever seen. Bizzy, the attitude you saw on Saturday was a remarkable improvement on where he was last season, or even earlier this season.

I congratulate Brad on a brave decision, and wish him all the best in his future endevours.

Reply #44244 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How old is Brad?

Reply #44248 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think he would be around 19-20 as he was in the same grade as me when I was playing.

Reply #44249 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

he is a 1986.

Reply #44250 | Report this post

BakedBeanHead  
Years ago

Bungey is a gun. I don't think anyone in can guard him in ABL.

He is too big and too fast up and down the court for most people. Plus he has a good mid range shot.

I think that the sky is the limit if he goes for it.

Reply #44263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is he studying?? What does he want a career in??

Reply #44288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brad didnt go to the 6ers camp becasue his knees are sore. he didnt want to train with the 6ers and then not beable to play for mavs becasue of his knees

Reply #44296 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon #44288, he's doing an apprenticeship of some sort. Nothing wrong with prioritising study/development!

Reply #44312 | Report this post

Isn't he a mechanic!?

Reply #44314 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

What do you do Ape ? the "maual arts" are just as noble as any other profession , give the kid a break !!

Reply #44531 | Report this post

D. Brent  
Years ago

nothing wrong with apprenticeships!! i think he will be ok if he toughens up, just a bit timid at present but he is only young so that might change. as far as no-one being able to guard him, silly statement indeed bakedbeanhead. i saw panther match up on him and after a few customary bows he wasn't to keen on entering the paint and really had no effect on the game. what is with him always looking like he is gonna cry too??

Reply #44701 | Report this post

'TTT'  
Years ago

Bungey is good but iam better
he is very angry too
i am placid

Reply #45183 | Report this post

aaron  
Years ago

yea he's my cousin, im serious

Reply #59306 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:15 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754