Stuart
Years ago

Oldest Active Pro Players (Over 40)

Hi Everyone,

I am currently writing and article on the growing dominance of Pro Athletes in there 40's and even 50's (There is more than what you think in there 50's) and thought there is heaps of people on here with a'lot more knowledge than myself in Basketball.

Who are the current oldest Active Basketball players playing in any professional competition in the world?

It doesn't have to be top level Pro, but atleast semi pro.

Not locally/domestic level as masters goes to over 80 in basketball and I play against a couple of guys in there 60's in A grade that can still really play, man they can shoot the piss out of it.

So it has to be pro and they have to be atleast be over 40. I already have quite a few from Europe and some lower leagues in America and Australia, But I would like to pick the brains of some true basketball fans and get the best one's.

This is just an example, Darryl Middleton was still dominating in Europe until last year at nearly 50 and just took the coaching Job this year.

Thanks for your help guys, please be respectful to all the comments. I really appreciate it.

Topic #37990 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul Hutchison still jacks it from the car park. 28 in a Big V final this year.

Reply #550214 | Report this post

Stuart  
Years ago

Thanks mate,

How old is he?

Reply #550215 | Report this post

ageisjustanumber  
Years ago

Sum guy's just keep getting better or improve different aspect's of there game.

Rubén Wolkowyski is 43 and still dominates in Europe
Not sure if Mohsen Khalaf is still playing but he was still starting at 51 in Saudi.
Again American

Shaun Jackson was still doing well in Europe at 44/45 but not sure if he played this year.

Reply #550218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mike James was still dominating D-League last season at 40 and played better than other years.

Reply #550219 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ageisjustanumber and Stuart and the anonymous after that posting from the same IP...

Reply #550221 | Report this post

Stuart  
Years ago

Sorry I'm new to the forum. Still working it out. Won't happen again!

Reply #550223 | Report this post

Stuart  
Years ago

Some guy's just keep getting better or improve different aspect's of there game.

Rubén Wolkowyski is 43 and still dominates in Europe
Not sure if Mohsen Khalaf is still playing but he was still starting at 51 in Saudi.
Again American

Shaun Jackson was still doing well in Europe at 44/45 but not sure if he played this year.

Reply #550224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greg Oden is 60

Reply #550227 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Lanard Copeland and D-Mac Darryl Mcdonald Snr
Early 50's

Reply #550231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Egan from Hume would be around 40

Reply #550232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Copes and D-Mac still playing?

Reply #550235 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Butch Hayes-53-still running around in Waratah League for Maitland last season.

Reply #550274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's awesome.

Reply #550279 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Im not sure how old he is now.. But Kevin Marsh use to play for the Hawks (82, 83 and 84) and still rips it up in local comps. If Gordie is 58-59 Kevin must be around mid 50s.

Can't leave him open from the outside.. And everytime he shoots he'll whisper "money". And more times than not - it is!

Reply #550293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thon Maker will be 40 when he goes pro!

Reply #550297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah he would be close to 60 but still a gun

Reply #550372 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Mike Mckay still got that Jump shot and still playing.

Reply #550389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still playing pro? Because heaps of guys older than him are still playing A grade domestic.

Reply #550416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:18 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754