Anonymous
Years ago

Big V pre-season tournament change

The huge news about big v is the pre season tournament will be cut from 3 days to 2. Huge news there and bringing back the all star game. Hopefully this time we can actually play a proper game instead of being told to not play D and just shoot 3's and dunks.

Topic #37999 | Report this topic

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Consider the basketball world rocked by this news.

Adam Silver just tweeted he couldn't believe the shift to 2 days.

Reply #550410 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Watch out AFL and NRL, this is a gamechanger

Reply #550414 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

This is so disappointing. I was sure they were announcing the CEO was getting a new phone.

Reply #550423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow.

Just wow

Reply #550489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massive!

Reply #550497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMFAO

Reply #550527 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Is anyone else out there kind of deflated and at the same time thinking same old, same old about this so called big news?

Reply #550564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was hoping something happened at the big v awards night .

Reply #550570 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Bear, i don't think the same old is a bad thing if the product is right. But i don't think the product is right in this example, too many teams and too many divisions. I don't think anyone is going to be truly happy until there is a restructure of the divisions, and the focus is set on quality rather than quantity.

Simply not enough resources to cover the current format.

Reply #550574 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Attended a club forum based on the Big V inviting submissions on the structure as well as surveys to supporters and club officials. At the forum the results were discussed by the CEO and the overwhelming response was to maintain the current structure.

Reply #550586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CEO only listens to the big clubs

Reply #550605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tourney was during a natural death I remember the hey day at Frankston that champ games on Saturday night had big crowds and was watched by players from lower divs.

Reply #550611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do they still have it?

It's only still exists as a cash grab.

Reply #550853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've had several coaches say to me that they don't like it because it's not like junior tournaments with kids playing all the time. With the Big V tournament playing several games over a couple of days so close to the start of the season is a recipe for injury and some just don't want to risk it.

Personally I don't mind the concept, just never liked the execution and the way it is run.

Reply #550854 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I believe a Big V Div 1 mens team is going to withdraw as they can't get a coach for next season.Stay Tuned.

Reply #550869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hav they advertised?

Reply #550872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mildura.

Reply #550888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sunbury

Reply #550890 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If it's Happy Days posting it's clearly Southern Pen

Reply #550894 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Could be....

Reply #550934 | Report this post

Mad Hatter  
Years ago

If SP - then it will be a women's only senior club- What is going on & where will what is left there move to.

Reply #550969 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754