RMQ
Years ago

Wildcats @ Hawks - Pre Season 20/9 1pm AWST

Is this game being streamed?

Topic #38003 | Report this topic

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I would ask Coach Rob to put White and Demos on Kenny and Wroe (given Damo and Beal are injured).

We can then have a contest for the worst guard paring in NBL history.

Reply #550507 | Report this post

Centipede  
Years ago

Demos has euroleague aspirations

Reply #550520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any live stats?

Reply #550530 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/52198/14/23/87/29AobqebMb6rQ/

Reply #550532 | Report this post

That dominant win means that the Cats have moved back in to premiership favourites.

Reply #550538 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Cats win 77-69
Knight 20 & 10, Redhage 15, Prather 12 & 8
Ogilvy 17 & 13, Martin 10

D. Martin, Beal, Lisch D.N.P.

Cats 3/19 from 3 point range.

Reply #550539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That link doesn't seem to work anymore? :(

Reply #550540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DD: How did Jawai look today?

Reply #550541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No idea. This one wasn't webcast.

Weird that the live stats link no longer works. Here's a screenshot of the Boxscore:
http://i.imgur.com/O4Ru0RW.png

Reply #550543 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

No Lisch for Illawarra

Reply #550544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^Thanks

Gee whiz, Prather a combined 0/9 in 3PT over the weekend. His jumpshot might be even worse than advertised!

Reply #550545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"^^Thanks

Gee whiz, Prather a combined 0/9 in 3PT over the weekend. His jumpshot might be even worse than advertised!"

It is deplorable for a professional player.

Reply #550548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Preseason games are meaningless interms of the final result. It is mostly about running different set plays and getting ready for the real season. I was really impressed with Redhages game and overall speed which looked a lot better then last season in the Kings game and by looking at the scoreboard it seems he had another good game.

Jawai is in horrible shape. I don't think he'll be in a good enough shape till at the very least half of the way mark of the season to be a dominante factor but once he gets in shape he will be monster.There is no one in the NBL that can defend him in the post without any help defence. He will draw so many double teams it is not funny. You can see what a great passer he is already and has fantastic footwork. all he needs to do is getting inshape and he and Knight will for the best frontline in trhe league.In the meantime the Cats already a damn good backup in Jervis.

As good as slasher and open court the new import is, the Cats will need him to shoot better especially with all the open looks that frontline ill creat for their perimeter shooters. I would seriously look at cutting him and get a better shooting swingman.

Reply #550551 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

0 for 9 when your trying to impress your coach and develop trust from your team mates, sure the Casts faithful will try sugar coat this but thats isn't a good sign.

Reply #550558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's give it more time before we talk about cutting players. It's only 2 pre season games after all. Defense is important too remember

Reply #550559 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

It wasn't Jawai's fitness that concerned me as we know that with the regime in place we will be in shape soon enough... It's his touch around the basket that he needs to find and when he does then he will absolutely unstoppable!

I hope we persist with Prather as he looks like he can score and give us some excitement but if Ennis is jobless start of the NBA season then he will have a job quick smart!

Redhage has looked good but the lack of guards is scaring us but atleast Prather has the mobility to play the 2 and he looks a really decent defender... Let's hope his jump shot drops and the team can rely on him when we need him to step up

Reply #550561 | Report this post

wildcats fan  
Years ago

Parthers only problem is his shooting other then that the guy can handle the ball, run the lanes with ball in the open court as good as anyonein the league and it seems he is a fantastic on ball defender. Having said that one glaring issue(shooting) is going to be a big problem if he dosent solve it and develop a realiable shot.

Teams are already going to play the Cats with a lot of Zone due to that monsterious frontcourt so the likes of Beal, Parther, Hire and even Redhage and Wagstaff will need to be shooting well to offset the zone.

Reply #550616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm diehard Cats and have been all over Prather's bad shooting in this thread.

I don't know of one example in the history of basketball where a terrible shooter has come good this close to the start of a season.

Reply #550655 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Prather was a little over 30% in the NBDL, so you would figure he should average out to a slightly below-average 3pt shooter, but his misses in the Kings game were pretty bad.

Reply #550710 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Players fluctuate from season to season (often based on role or confidence) but yes, it's rare that someone adds a skill in the course of one season.

Reply #550713 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:14 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754