Blitzed
Years ago

Blitz predictions?

The Pick and Roll website posted an interesting article on players to watch at the Blitz.
http://pickandroll.com.au/eight-players-ill-keeping-eye-nbl-blitz/

But with the games about to tip off today, who will take the chocolates?

I think Illawarra will prevail early with AJ Oglivy causing problems for teams inside.

Topic #38023 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Today's games
Cairns v Perth
Dont expect Worthington or Gliddon to feature heavily for Cairns. Both nursing injuries. Same goes with Martin and possibly Beal.

I'll still take Perth in this one - should be a good battle up front. Hopefully Starks shows some kind of form because the spotlight is on him and his lack of effort in the preseason to date. Jawai vs his hometown team and mentor for the first time ever.

Townsville v NZ
No Conklin, Djeric and possibly Norton for the Crocs - all nursing ailments. I think NZ are at full strength (minus Webster of course). Be interesting to see how Charles Jackson goes. His form will need to pick up or the Ibekwe rumours will escalate. NZ will get this one pretty comfortably.

Reply #550831 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Cairns Perth
Think Cairns no Martin for Perth and possibly Beal don't know whose out for Cairns but Cairns are usually strong at the blitz.

Townsville vs Breakers
Think Conklin and Norton are playing at the blitz, they might've been rested for the Blitz vs Cairns. I know that the Breakers are without Webster, Abercrombie and Pledger. I say Townsville take this one.

Reply #550833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ah forgot about Pledger & Abercrombie - that will probably throw the game back towards Townsville's favour. Good pick up

Reply #550834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide will struggle without star import Ebi Ere

Reply #550837 | Report this post

Streaming to be not working for first half of the first game. Twitter will go in to meltdown.

Reply #550838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth won't win without Martin

Reply #550841 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Sounds like many teams will be severely undermanned:

Cairns- Gliddon, Wortho.

NZ- Webster, Abercrombie, Pledger.

United- Barlow, Tomlinson, Warrick

Perth- Beal.

Anyone else?

Good chance to see what some of the new imports do though. Jackson, Holt, Prather, Starks- all of those guys should be heavily relied on in the absence of their teammates

Reply #550845 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

NBL actually advertising:

https://instagram.com/p/771YoXRzR5/

Reply #550850 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

A list of whose out

Cairns: Gliddon? Wortho?
Townsville: ?
Sydney: ?
Illawarra: ?
New Zealand: Webster, Abercrombie, Pledger
Melbourne: Tomlinson, Barlow, Warrick?
Adelaide: Ere
Perth: Martin, Beal?

Reply #550856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@PerthWildcats
Trevor Gleeson has given Matt Nielsen the opportunity to take the reins as head coach in tonight's Blitz game.

My prediction: Matt will be the actual head coach by the end of the season

Reply #550857 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Holt for MVP, he is going to surprise lots of people!

Reply #550859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he's not even in the top 2 on his team Benno!

Reply #550860 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Anon, you'll see what im talking about in the coming days!

Reply #550864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra Mercury says Lisch and Penney are being rested

Reply #550865 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Why the fuck is Penney being rested? He's barely played, it'll just hurt the teams chemistry!

Reply #550874 | Report this post

Its ok, they'll be just fine with Demos and Whihahhahhahhahhahahhahaha oh I'm sorry, I couldn't say that sentence with a straight face.

Reply #550875 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

I know right, people are always saying how much depth Illawarra have, but look at their back court. There is literally no one good on the bench in the Hawks backcourt ahahaha.

Reply #550876 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

No depth in the backcourt!? What about Kevin White. If you want a player to hold the ball uselessly for five seconds then give it back to the player who passed it to him, there is nobody better.

Reply #550884 | Report this post

Dman  
Years ago

Crocs to go back to back!

Reply #550892 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Pre-season stuff like the Blitz is not necessarily about the true strength of the team, but more about the strength of the bench and minor players.

Coaches have a tendency to go easy of the stars and let the up and coming players shine.

Reply #550903 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Any import knows that their job is constantly on the line, so they should be very keen to impress in real pre season hitouts against NBL opposition.

Reply #550910 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:01 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754