?
Years ago

Lightning getting it right

just want to say I think it is really good the lightning players attended junior grand finals and presentations - really good to connect at this level. Big tick of approval in our household.

Topic #38030 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Completely agree with your comments. It is like chalk and cheese compared to last season. Last year was a joke, no wonder Marino lost $300k

Lots of updates on the web site and Facebook

Free junior clinic on Sunday @ Wayville for 120 kids.

Looking like my money spent on memberships will be money well spent. Hope plenty get on board!

Reply #550973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when BSA are running the team you'd expect them ti be made to engage with the people paying the bills.

Reply #550983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the real question is will the not-a-dome ever get their lighting right? looks horribly dark on tv

Reply #551054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As they don't have a TV deal I don't see that being an issue...

Reply #551067 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Interesting, OP: I didn't see any Lightning players at Pasadena on the Friday night.

054 - no TV deal, and I thought the Lightning are playing home games at Wayville, not "Titanium Arena".

Reply #551068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw 3 Lightning players at Pasadena on Thursday night

Reply #551073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And 0 on Friday night.

Reply #551083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lightning played a game Friday night instead. On the biggest night of the junior basketball year.

As did the Sixers

Reply #551090 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

they had a game friday night and were at events GF saturday and last weekend

Reply #551091 | Report this post

snafu  
Years ago

Just saw on Melbourne Boomers facebook the result of th preseason game. Lightning have a bit of work to do , going down by 28pts. 79 -51

Reply #551339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Lightning was extinct at the end of last season. They've had to re grow on a tiny budhet. Fan engagement is everything. Just look at Melbourne Boomers they lead the competition with fan engagement. Everyday there is a post. We can learn a lot from their model. Ruef and Mitchell didn't play last night - Bowen will need them she can't do everything. But at least we have team, great coach and passion

Reply #551346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they will surprise a few this season, similar to what Sydney did last year. Finally heading in the right direction. Pre-season games don't mean anything.

Reply #551351 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754