Freddy
Years ago

Sunderland leaves Bogut Academy ... Confuseed

This was released earlier tonight on the Bogut Academy Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/events/735633716563042/):

A short note to wish Luke Sunderland the very best going forward with his new career path. Luke resigned in July and finished up last week @AB_Basketball ! Best of luck Luke with the new gig @ the NBN network!

Funny how I thought he finished weeks ago according to an earlier post on this page.

Heard that people making comments have been blocked and others comments have disappeared?

All this seems strange.

Wonder if there is more to this announcement especially when Bogut ranted about "the minions" are getting involved.

Topic #38031 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confused?

Reply #550978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ATM machine :-)

Reply #550988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep I got blocked at deleted for saying thanks to Luke! Andrew never showed his face once.we paid an appropriate amount and were very happy with coaching.our boy is in his 3 year in USA and is still training with Luke when in Aust.why take my post down???? There has to be more to this???

Reply #550989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something fishy here.luke was very dedicated!!!

Reply #550990 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Confused .... Why would this statement be made weeks after he left? Why are people who thank or credit Luke with improving their child being block ed or deleted? It's not normal in thanking someone for their work to put such a focus on the new job unless you where making a big point?

Hence why I'm confused.

Reply #550995 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe they just hadn't got around to making the resignation public?

Reply #550996 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Isaac, Luke finished on the 5th of September, they announced the Academy closed on the 8th and I'm fairly sure his leaving was announced earlier. Then people comment on how good Luke was for their kids and how pivotal he was with the success of the Academy - he was the Academy realistically! So they get blocked with the comments removed.

Plus, as I understand, people attending the Academy were emailed earlier that the Academy was closing down!

So why the blocking, why the extra messages and why state public ally what someone is doing?

Honestly, there is more to this and I'm not sure the whole story is out?

Reply #550998 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Luke has left to pursue new career opportunities.

Reply #551002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What looked achievable with the coaching and guidance of Luke now seems to be again just a pipe dream for some of these dedicated Kids :-(

Reply #551004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so the academy is closed altogether now??

Reply #551012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The academy is a building and the doors have been closed to the young players of tomorrow.

The success of a sports program is having the right coach not the right building

Recipe for success = Luke + a bunch of dedicated players + hoop + a basketball.

Reply #551023 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not sure what has transpired here, but I have found Luke and Andrew to be most competent and knowledgeable on coaching basketball athletes who want to improve their skills.

Good luck to them, hope they are able to continue to help kids improve and get better in the sport, wherever it may be...

Reply #551076 | Report this post

OMG  
Years ago

Funny how Bogut used Twitter/Facebook to call the parents of kids, who highlighted and appreciated the good work that Luke did, MINIONS.

Seems Bogut isn't getting all the love on Twitter? Few people asking him to put up what he believes is the truth.

There must be more to this than is being openly stated.....

Reply #551080 | Report this post

He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Reply #551081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didn't mind taking all those parents money?????

Reply #551110 | Report this post

Anonz  
Years ago

Yeah this is all a bit weird, and I'm sure there's more to it.

Good luck to Luke wherever he ends up.

Reply #551133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame on you Andrew Bogut!
Luke Sunderland worked his Ass off for you!
This is how you repay him?
Do you have PR people guiding you with you Facebook posts?

Reply #551831 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Job Advertisement in Seek.com AND post on Andrew Bogut Basketball Facebook.

Facebook post a bit childish and unprofessional.
IMHO.

Andrew Bogut Basketball, is an elite basketball academy based in Melbourne's South East suburbs. It is designed to provide athletes with access to state-of-the-art training and rehabilitation facilities, to give them the greatest opportunity to develop both personally and professionally.

An exciting role is available for the appropriate candidate to take Andrew Bogut Basketball to the next level.

The Coaching / Basketball Operations role will support Andrew Bogut Basketball through the following:

• Basketball related skill & technique development
• Individualised strength & conditioning programs
• Overall management of the Andrew Bogut Basketball facility

To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following :

A university qualification in Sports Science or equivalent
Coaching Accreditation
Coaching/Playing experience at an elite level
Current and accredited Level 2 First Aid
Current drivers license
Current Working with Children certification

We are searching for a professional and personable individual who genuinely enjoys and is enthusiastic about assisting others. The candidate will possess a high level of personal presentation and represent the interests of Andrew Bogut Basketball at a local and national level.

To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter (essential) to [email protected] outlining why you think you have what it takes to be successful in this role.

Applications close Monday 12th November, 12PM AEDST.

Andrew Bogut Basketball
10 hrs ·
A few keys to the role
1.Looking presentable and not coaching/managing in the same unironed wrinkly shirt for every session
2. Communication with players and parents is key: Canceling sessions without everyone knowing is a big no no.
3.You are currently not suspended or have been previously suspended by Basketball Australia/Basketball Victoria from coaching at any level
4. Keeping all management tasks up to date. Not having outstanding invoices that are 3-6 months behind in payment.
5.Have a GENUINE passion for coaching athletes who are not all in their respective 1st teams or state teams.
6. Finally, no excuses. Be organized, be efficient, be intense and most of all bring enjoyment!
Good luck to all who apply.

Reply #551836 | Report this post

I just read those six "keys" to the role on Twitter. Sounds like a very specific dig at former staff. Totally unprofessional. If Bogut endorses those sorts of comments, he's a bigger dickhead than what I first thought.

Reply #551879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, is that for real, surely it has been made up just to take the piss?

Reply #551884 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Why 6 weeks for applications and why publish the KSC's on Twitter. Puzzling to say the least....

Reply #551890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those six points are certainly a dig at someone and very personal. Seems like a lot of sour grapes ivolved here.

Reply #551896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is there right might would want to work for you.

if this is how you repay someone that put their heart and soul into there job.

you ask for

We are searching for a professional and personable individual who genuinely enjoys and is enthusiastic about assisting others

Why don't you look at your own vacancy and try acting that way.

You never once stuck you head in when our boys did their 3 month pre college course.Not once,you just kicked the kids out earlier making them get there at 5.30 am so you could start at 9,half the time you never got there on time.

Shame on you,all the times LUKE has stuck up for you on social media,you are actually the twat that every body says you are.

No body apply for this job,he is a horror to work for,you can tell by the way you slagged Luke off !

Reply #551897 | Report this post

Even if the former coach Luke or whoever was bad at the job, you don't use the ensuing job advertisement to slag him off with passive aggressive attacks.

Reply #551902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When you are a millionaire you can say pretty much whatever the hell you like, sad but this is life.

Reply #551903 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And you'd want to make requests about their dress/conduct to improve their performance rather than have a dig later. Pretty harsh.

Reply #551911 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Who would be handling Bogut's affairs in Australia and surely he would know about the Facebook/Twitter post?

Reply #551917 | Report this post

Bogut retweeted two of the less harsh expectations, so he knows they were tweeted. He wisely has a handle on his financial affairs - needs some guidance on PR, I think.

Reply #551920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You sure he has a handle on his financial affairs.Is that what ripping people off means?

Reply #552099 | Report this post

I don't know, you're telling the story.

Reply #552103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luke is a fabulous coach and Bogut won't find another as dedicated.

Reply #552217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both are very unprofessional from what I am hearing and witnessed first hand at different levels.

Reply #552229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bounced around clubs the last few years on his high horse. Walked around stadiums with his Andrew Bogut Academy t-shirt thinking he was Phil Jackson.
Currently suspended from coaching in the VBL. Put 2 and 2 together people...

Reply #552428 | Report this post

Rich  
Years ago

Will the academy be opening up again? Or does anyone know if Luke is still coaching kids? My son is 10 and would really benefit from some extra coaching outside of his current teams

Reply #568361 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754