Matthew
Years ago

Why the NBL is still relevant

Hi,

The following article is a tongue in cheek guide for foreigners to WA but one point I thought Id point out:

http://titusoreily.com/a-guide-to-perth-for-hawks-and-kangaroos-fans/

*While AFL is the biggest sport, Perth is also the last place in Australia where the NBL is still relevant

Topic #38036 | Report this topic

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Written by an AFL fan obviously. They always love to throw the boot in. But as soon as an NBL team decides to make a team in Brisbane, you get these worried articles coming out talking about the NBL taking potential talent!

Take the opinions of footy fans with a grain of salt.

Reply #551087 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I consider him more a blogger than a Journalist, but I guess Bloggers are defacto Journalists nowadays

Reply #551094 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

He is probably most aptly described as a Satirist. A lot of his stuff is rubbish, but sometimes he tickles yer funny bone...

Reply #551095 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

While here (ADL) we gotta a guy told us Dangerfield will stay at Crows and Worsfold will coach them..Not enough brain to get a headache.

Reply #551105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's satire, learn to take a joke.

Reply #551200 | Report this post

Centipede  
Years ago

Melbourne is a potentially big nbl market, need a 2nd team there for next season alongside brisbane.

Reply #551234 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

^^ the OP did acknowledge it as "tongue in cheek"...

Reply #551236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Danger is commin' ome lads, he is commin' back ome!

Reply #551267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This guy always mentions the NBL in his "jokes".

Reply #551272 | Report this post

Anonz  
Years ago

Poorly written crap. Hope the blogger in question has another income stream...

I've been more amused by some of the posts on here.

Reply #551338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Always been relevant.

NBL is the national league for a major participation sport in our country. A sport which is global, the #2 team sport in the world behind the world game. An Olympic sport.

Media decided to ignore it mid 90s, but it is still running and now it's 2015. Mainstream media with their propaganda can fk off dictating to us what we should follow. Although most ppl are sheep so just tow the line but with the internet and new media avenues their influence is eroding.

Reply #551434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Welcome back Danger, we will roll out the red carpet for you mate. You son of a gun, you!

Reply #551494 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I actually enjoyed it.
It's satirical, but also quite pointed in places.
The Mining Tax DID destroy the Labour vote in WA. The biggest Mining electorate actually elected a Nationals MP after the tax.

Reply #551844 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754