Isaac
Years ago

United sign Hill, Adnam and Golong

Veteran NBL swingman Brad Hill will join the squad as a cover player due to the injuries of David Barlow and Owen Odigie.
Two home-grown Victorian basketball talents have also been added to the squad as development players; Kyle Adnam and Emmanuel Golong.
Full story

Topic #38037 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Risky they are all young men that may want to start a family at any time! Hope they got baby clauses in there contracts haha

Reply #551093 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If the rumour posted here recently about Barlow is true, then they could certainly do much worse than Brad Hill as a replacement.

Reply #551098 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Oh and I didn't even realise Odigie was still on the scene?

Does this mean Igor H is only a development player?

Reply #551099 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

no igor singed a multi year deal

Reply #551100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But Odigie isn't even on their roster?

Reply #551101 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

United would have been better getting PC in. Same skill set as Barlow.

Reply #551102 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

FYI I agree totally. All that experience and fearlessness to take the big shot if need be and he aint in the league!

Reply #551107 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Interestingly with PC he must still be on the 36ers payroll because he did some clinics in Whyalla with the team last month.

http://www.whyallanewsonline.com.au/story/3310042/36ers-show-the-ropes-in-whyalla-photos/

Reply #551108 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Is PC an assistant coach with lightning? Been hands on at their trainings recently

Reply #551127 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He did it with johns and atem i think. Was really just offered as a paid clinic... def not on the books as such, just not signed elsewhere so put on a polo and no one thinks otherwise.

Reply #551128 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah doing some volunteer stuff as far as i know. One of those guys that cant stay away from the game!

Reply #551140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oopa Adnam style

Reply #551178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad hill got a gig he dominates SEABL level

Reply #551209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to Trent Zomer?

Reply #551211 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Does anyone find the following things unusual:

1. Brad Hill signed for the Blitz.
2. Odigie mentioned in the article about Hill's signing, even though no previous reports mention Odigie- everyone thought Igor Haddie had taken his place in the 10.
3. Barlow stayed home in Melbourne for the Blitz. Other teams rested players have made the trip.

Is there something in this rumour posted here recently that Barlow is done?

Just seems odd that he didn't make the trip AND that Brad Hill replaced him. Why not just give more court time to Development Players like Golong, Adnam, etc?

I'm speculating of course- neither of these factors on their own is particularly significant. But these factors *together* combine to raise the question of Barlow's status.

Reply #551244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow is done for the season, achilles again. I thought this was common knowlegde by now... Odd United havent released a statement, it is what it is.

Reply #551245 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:26 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754