Flinders80
Years ago

NBL Blitz Streaming Service

Got to say I have been impressed with the NBL streaming service. Two nights in a row I have watched and have like the production including the use of (for lack of better name) other baseline in game. Well done.

Interested to hear other users thoughts. Unfortunately I never saw the streaming service of NBL.TV. But this latest one was pretty good in my opinion.

Topic #38039 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings TV stream on teh weekend was excellent too.

Reply #551191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbl.tv was terrible. This is a great streaming service.

Overall though, when the proper season starts, I can't wait to watch EVERY game live on FOX Sports!

Best NBL season in more than a decade!

Reply #551193 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Everything's been great except the cutting to baseline camera during live play. It hasn't been full on. So I'll give them a pass. But I don't want this bad habit to develop.

Reply #551201 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It seems to have been getting worse.

Reply #551202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there any way to watch the replays? Im overseas so games are on at like 3am.

Reply #551203 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Audio dropped out last night, but quality of the feed was excellent.

Reply #551207 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I have been impressed with the NBL social media engagement.

Despite it only being pre-season, they have been putting up the results of each game on FB with cool graphics, in-game pictures and a link to the box score.

In years gone past, you didn't even have results posted in that manner and with such speed for regular season games. Heck, you struggled to get that for playoff games.

I don't know how many times I used to think 'hang on, who actually won last night's game or that game 2 nights ago between so and so?'.

Seems to be a thing of the past. I'll know the results as soon as i get into FB.

Well done NBL!

Reply #551215 | Report this post

Let's be honest  
Years ago

I'm in Townsville and the production team is only a skeleton crew so you'll have to forgive the shortcomings, they're doing what they can and its still of good quality.
In the NBL futures meeting yesterday that said the social media presence is vital to the importance of the league and requested that all players and staff try and post/ retweet etc to help the brand expand. So as basketball lovers I implore each of you that uses social media to re-post tweet and link every bit of information you can to help drive the wave even more

Reply #551217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

watched it last night and was pretty impressed, unfortunately the stadium was empty so that didn't help the atmosphere but good service..

Reply #551218 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

It's been great, feels like nbl is finally turning a corner this season and making great changes. Although no replays and cheaper production this stream has been far better than nbl.tv was. Has mixed very well with my chrome cast.
Looking forward to this season big time

Reply #551219 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The streams have been for the most part good and watching that interview with LK on ABC 24's Grandstand last night it was good seeing highlights during the interview of the Cairns/Perth game from the night before.

Reply #551225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, I had the audio drop out last night too. Didn't think the commentary had been that bad to be honest, so wondered why someone pulled the mic on them

Reply #551241 | Report this post

Slammin'08  
Years ago

I wasn't watching when the audio dropped. I don't think that it is a massive deal, especially in pre-season. I have had it happen watching NBA games and I sure as hell pay a lot more for that service than the free stream they are doing at the moment! I would rather no audio and able to see what is happening than NBL.TV from the last few years any day of the week!

Reply #551242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Streaming was good, even with my poor quality internet. The commentators are not coming across as impartial enough in the 3 games I've watched. They are favouring/hyping up some players more than others, "Bubbles" springs to mind, while Chris Goulding is an exceptional player, fairness and real names are more professional. Apart from that gripe, it is still good to watch.

Reply #551247 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Overall not bad, I've got pretty ordinary internet service so at times is a bit patchy for me or I have to rely on the lowest quality feed. Disappointed that I can't watch it through my Samsung TV, is this some sort of Fox Sports issue? Could watch it fine through my PC.

Reply #551248 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:53 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754