Years ago

NBL Blitz 2015 Day 3, Sep 25

6:00pm New Zealand v Perth
8:30pm Townsville v Cairns

Topic #38042 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac.

Will Jett, Conklin and Beal be playing tonight?

Reply #551268 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Beal will play, per Wildcats' Twitter.

Reply #551269 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Leaving work early to get home to watch tonight's big game.

Very interested to see how Beal and Prather work together.

Reply #551271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definately. Can't wait to see the two of them work together too

Reply #551275 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Can't be a good sign for Charles Jackson if he's relegated to the bench with Pledger not even playing. Very small starting line-up of McDonald, Bartlett, TeRangi, Vukona and Wesley.

Reply #551289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff in the game :)

Reply #551290 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Love Tai Wesley, the Tim Duncan of the NBL.

Reply #551291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Perth still haven't improved from the freethrow line.

Reply #551295 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

5:35 2 points, 2 turnovers, 4 fouls
That's umm... pretty bad.

Reply #551296 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Tai Wesley and Tim Duncan lol

Reply #551299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Parther has been benched for some reason. Probaly Just giving some extra minutes to Hire.

Reply #551300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know it's only early days but the streaming already appears to be better/more reliable than nbl.tv. Perhaps the NBL would've been better off hiring a locally based company like CMS Australasia instead of the UK-based Perform Group from the beginning ...

Reply #551302 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I compared Wesley to an NBL version of Duncan in that he's crafty and doesn't rely on an ounce of athleticism to be effective because he's so fundamentally sound.

Reply #551303 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think Basketball Australia did the nbl.tv contract with the ironically named Perform Group back when they had control of the NBL.

The fact Perform also run FIBA's streaming website suggests it was either foisted upon BA or at least highly recommended to them.

Reply #551305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is prather playing?

Reply #551307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wroe is a damn good defensive player. Damo, Wroe and Kenny might be terrible on offence, but on defence they are damn good

Reply #551310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol the refs are giving shawn a flop warning lol

Reply #551311 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Only 10 years too late on that one.

Reply #551312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats are loaded upfront. It is amazing how many weapons they have upfront

Reply #551315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is Wesley has absolute nothing comparable to THE Tim Duncan. NBL version or not just not cool saying silly things such as this. Jackson wont make it long term wise. NZ are in some trouble with the roster they currently have. Losing Webster shits all over Perth losing Greenwood.

Reply #551318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meaningless game. both teams missing key players and not giving it anything more then a whimper.

Reply #551320 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Jett looks terrible so far.

Reply #551324 | Report this post

bigdog  
Years ago

looks terribly heavy

Reply #551325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

these refs, seriously. zzzzzzzzzzz

Reply #551326 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Jett certainly looks like he didn't bother to keep in shape during his season off.

Reply #551327 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Any chance Conklin told the Crocs if you want me back next season sign my college buddy Jordair Jett?

Reply #551328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re the guy that said Jackson no good could this open the door for a beks return?

Reply #551330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anyone provide a boxscore link to the cats game? When i click on the final game score nothing comes up (on mobile) nbl site leaving a lot to be desired

Reply #551331 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Why would Ibekwe return to NZ? He went to United because NZ couldn't afford him?

Reply #551332 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

http://www.nbl.com.au/livestats/?matchid=140019

Does that work anon?

Reply #551333 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Not a bad luxury for Cairns to have Tragardh, Craig and Worthington coming off the bench.

Reply #551334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Hendo!

Reply #551340 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Why would Ibekwe return to NZ? He went to United because NZ couldn't afford him?
If Webster doesn't return, they've got that money, and being unemployed tends to lower your asking price.

He's signed in Europe, so it's a moot point, but it wasn't unthinkable.

Reply #551343 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Hendo8888 - how did you find the link to live stats? I've been looking over the NBL website and haven't been able to find any links to games or box scores. I can find the Blitz schedule and the live streaming link but that's all. I'm using a PC, not a mobile device.

Reply #551349 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Okay - scratch that question about live stats

I changed the zoom level on my browser and the NBL Blitz ribbon showed up on the NBL home page, with the links to the live stats and box scores.

Before I changed the zoom settings, it wasn't showing up on my screen. I've had this same experience on two separate computers (work and home).

Reply #551350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that Jaskson will be Cut from NZ sooner than later - he was catching the coaches stare a few times in that last game - just does not look good at all
Jett for the crocs isn't far behind id reckon - you can tell he hasn't played in a year.

Reply #551353 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

koberulz, that would work if Webster wasn't potentially returning.

Reply #551354 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Didn't Jett have a really big night in a practice game not long ago?

Reply #551373 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Saw a few minutes and Charles Jackson doesn't look like what they need

Such an even competition, no stand out teams but a lot of good ones. NZ needs to work this out. The season starts next week and its a short season- not trying to be alarmist but *any* teams season could be over within a few weeks if they have a bad enough start.

I think with Townsville, realistically, unlikely to win more than 1 in every 4 or 5 games we could easily have 5 or 6 teams with positive win loss records this season. So that makes coming back from a bad record for say, NZ, more difficult

Reply #551393 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I mean with Abercrombie and Pledger's situations, no Webster and Charles Jackson looking sub par it will be a challenge over the first few weeks

Reply #551395 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:05 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754