Air-T
Years ago

Fiasco Sports NBL Predictions 15/16

http://fiascosports.com/nbl-season-1516-preview-pt-1-this-will-not-be-the-summer-of-our-discontent/

Based on information in this article I have, I came up with this on the Fiasco Sports Radio Show last night (Fri 4-6pm 100.5, WOW FM)

Cairns
Melbourne

(To be honest probably wrong order, injury influencing)
Adelaide
Sydney
Perth
Illawarra
NZ Breakers

Townsville

I feel Boti underestimated how good the Taipans squad is...

Topic #38088 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

That's more or less how I have it too.
Melbourne and Cairns should be top 4. Not necessarily the top 2, but should make Playoffs.
Next 5 could fall any way, depending on a range of different factors.
Townsville 8th.

Reply #552190 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Heard the same last year and where did Melbourne finish?

Reply #552191 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

They finished 5th.

Not sure if you're familiar with the term Predictions mate. Seem to take it really personal.

Reply #552195 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

predictions, more like blind hope........

Reply #552198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mystro relax, its a prediction and they are entitled to it. Would you be happier if your anxiety was extinguished by having the Breakers in his top 4... because that too would simply be a prediction. I dont see Cats and Breakers as they are currently assembled doing too much, but both teams are dark horses for me because they have the money to pull the trigger in import cuts unlike the 36ers who i suspect will be nursing Ebe a little but sticking with him. Kings, Hawks, United and Taipans or 36ers or Breakers or Cats for mine. A lot of it will come down to who the Crocs are able to upset, and its sports so you know they will.

Reply #552202 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Nothing I posted in the other thread wasn't a fact.
It's a fact that Webster has left. He might return, but at this point in the time he isn't a New Zealand Breaker, he's a New Orleans Pelican. Check his bio. It's what it says.
It's a fact that Abercrombie and Pledger are carrying injuries. Maybe they will play Rd 1, but they are carrying injuries. Which history suggests isn't a good sign for Pledger especially. Wesley and Jackson also picked up niggles in the Blitz. Probably minor, but it happened.
It's a fact that New Zealand didn't finish top last season. They had a good Playoffs, but Cairns had 2 more wins in the regular season. That's not arguable, that happened.
It's a fact that Charles Jackson hasn't looked good. He looks like a downgrade on Ibekwe. Not Ibekwe from the Preseason, Ibekwe that hit that shot to win the Grand Final and scored 27 points.
It's a fact that on paper, Melbourne and Illawarra have improved their list. Illawarra especially have recruited Ogilvy, Penney and Lisch and kept the core of their Aussies together. Melbourne have Goulding back, have recruited the most improved player, have Holt, who looks like a great import and have a legitimate NBA player in Warrick. Cairns were the top team in the minor rounds. They lost Wilbekin, which is a hole, but they've brought in Starks and Worthington for him and Young. Not a bad trade-off.
So those things add up to me predicting that they shouldn't be favourites. Which I stick by. Maybe they will win. As you can see by my post, there's 2 positions in the top 4 that I've said could fall any way. And I said that Cairns and Melbourne could finish in any position in the top 4. To me, New Zealand are in the pack. There are 7 teams that should be very competitive this year. New Zealand aren't my top team.
I'm not going to just go back on my prediction because you've thrown the toys out of the pram when someone disagrees with you.

Reply #552204 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

obviously my toys are all over the floor with my long winded baseless rantings.

Reply #552208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a prediction that no one cares about.
Fiascosports as a name says it all.

Reply #552211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the toys actually on the floor or is a prediction that they will be!

Reply #552212 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Mystro, you should be happy Cairns were listed as one of the 2 predicted favourites, its a fact every time the Breakers have played Cairns in the Finals they have won.

Reply #552215 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Cairns deserve to be, they have a proven core and a good Coach.

Reply #552237 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Relax guys

No need to get your panties in a twist over your predictions.

If you want to get serious about it, don't complain to a forum user. Just put your money where your mouth is.

This year I’ve backed Melbourne and Illawarra. At $6 and $9, those are great odds.

Reply #552332 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:22 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754