Anonymous
Years ago

U14 National Champions Bulleen Boomers

Once again, congratulations to #1 team in the country !

Topic #38090 | Report this topic

?  
Years ago

well done - several years now of strong results

Reply #552273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many different u14 nationals threads do we need?

Reply #552292 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This 14 girls team won everything there was to win this season. National title, Victorian title, National Classic title, Eltham Dandenong tournament title. Great job to all coaches and players and a great example of the Bulleen Boomers development program

Reply #552328 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If you had a choice of one title from the above which one would everyone choose. Congrats to the girls as well.

Reply #552416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Development program what a laugh!

Reply #552420 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

its funny isn't it Anonymous. 4 Vic titles for Bulleen plus nation title. Don't you think there is some development going in down there? If you aren't happy with your child's development go to one of the other clubs who are so successful
In their development that they are winning championships

Reply #552434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think what Anon 2420 was implying was that three of the players in that U14 squad at Nationals came from other clubs this year so to me it looks like a combination of smart recruiting and good development. Regardless, they are still the best team in the country.

Reply #552437 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Actually you can only have 2 players from other clubs transferring in from the VJBL and no disrespect to any player but these players were not the dominant players in this team. VJBL titles in multiple age groups indicate there is a good development program in place across the club

Reply #552465 | Report this post

snafu  
Years ago

Over the last few years just about every first team and large percentage of second teams have qualified for VC and they seem to be sending more teams to VC finals and nationals than any other Victorian based club.

Just my perception?

Reply #552542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 2437 call a spade a spade you are way too polite. Not smart recruiting, just blatant poaching!

Tigers and Bulleen are renowned for it! Then they go on about so called development that has happened at other clubs. So so pathetic!

Reply #552549 | Report this post

snafu  
Years ago

Over the last few years just about every first team and large percentage of second teams have qualified for VC and they seem to be sending more teams to VC finals and nationals than any other Victorian based club.

Just my perception?

Reply #552551 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

There is no poaching at Bulleen. Players come to us because they want to go to nationals or want to play in a better program than they are currently playing. It makes me laugh that people think a couple of imports make the difference when there are 8 other players that have been developed through the Bulleen program. People are always going to come up with reasons for other club's successes. Why not just say well done and try and improve your own clubs development so players want to stay.

Reply #552596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not just fess up and admit you poach?

Reply #552608 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Keep accusing. Provide some evidence. We don't need to poach, we are good enough a club as it is. Same as Dandenong. Boys go there because it is a good program. But no matter what the reality is, people will continue to take pot shots at successful clubs

Reply #552634 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

True, they don't need to poach, kids even travel from Tassie to be a Boomer!

Reply #552641 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Anon's.

The poaching accusations are boring. It could be that Bulleen poach, but maybe they don't. It is unlikely that they do it in a club-wide orchestrated manner as Anonymous is suggesting.

But he said/she said ain't going no where....

Reply #552643 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

From another parent at another club good on these group of girls for there success. I would love for my children to play at a club who is successful. However if I have to travel past two other associations I can't see the point. So develop your children wherever u might be and enjoy there development.

Reply #552684 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754