Curtley
Years ago

NBL game on FTA each Sunday 3PM on Nine Network

Word on the street is that nbl will be on channel 9. What's the details?

Topic #38102 | Report this topic

Baller#3  
Years ago

Just tweeted that there is a streaming option and 9 as a FTA partner

Reply #552380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw the tweet, nothing at the moment on the site re FTA.

Reply #552381 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Larry Kestelman just announced it at the launch here it is on periscope.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1MnxnBOEnQBxO

Reply #552383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many games per week? Live? Which days?

Reply #552385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic news about the streaming service and Channel 9 deal for everyone who doesn't have Foxtel!

Reply #552388 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

LK IS GOD!!

Reply #552389 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Streaming is every game and I would assume channel nine would choose one game a week.

Reply #552390 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Channel 9 is 1 game per week.

Complements the Fox Sports pay TV deal and the new online streaming platform.

Reply #552391 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Sensational news. Is there any detail for the streaming service.

Reply #552392 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Apparently FTA will be a Sunday game on GEM.

Reply #552393 | Report this post

William  
Years ago

only half will be shown which is a bit pathetic as it looks like the netball on TEN got a better deal than the NBL

Reply #552394 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

What is the details about the streaming service?

Reply #552395 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Streaming will be launched tomorrow. Any airtime on FTA is good airtime.

Reply #552396 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Shane Heal will be commentating for Fox Sports, Andrew Gaze will not be.

Reply #552398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"only half will be shown which is a bit pathetic as it looks like the netball on TEN got a better deal than the NBL"

You mean half a game?

Doubt it.

Who told you that?

Reply #552399 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Where are you guys getting this info from?

I am excited!!!!

Reply #552400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL Facebook page

Reply #552401 | Report this post

William  
Years ago

What I mean is that you take into example that its a 19 round series, and I think only 11 rounds feature on the Sunday afternoon. Which is even worst then the netball on ten which guarantees 1 match live per round on ten

Reply #552402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't wait to watch every game live on Foxtel.

Go FOX SPORTS!!

Reply #552404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$50-$60 a month plus all the setup/installation costs, I wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy knowing you're essentially paying a good $400 for a season pass.

Each to their own but my money says the streaming service will be a fraction of the Foxtel costs.

Reply #552405 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

There's Cricket on Channel 9 as well

Reply #552406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm quite happy to pay that amount for foxtel to see every game live and all the other things on offer.

Reply #552408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I'm quite happy to pay that amount for foxtel to see every game live and all the other things on offer."

Agreed.

And not hoping the streaming will be quality every time.

Reply #552409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmm Steve carfino was the mc at the launch? I guess that means he's going to be commentating...

Reply #552410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waiting for the outrage when people find out that there's no game on GEM on Sunday.

Reply #552412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been reading the posts on this forum for some months now and have been amazed at some of the negativity during that time. I understand that a lot of the negativity is born out of disappointment and frustration. Tonight however when I heard about the FTA/streaming news I honestly thought that there is no way that anyone could get on here and moan. Alas, William deems the efforts and achievements of Larry K and his staff unacceptable. William, from the majority of people on these forums who love our league and wish it only well - piss off. You are clearly have no concept of how our league/game is viewed at a professional level by the media so let me enlighten you. They simply don't care and view it as having little to no value. So for Larry K and the staff to accomplish what they have since taking over is nothing short of miraculous.

So please William piss off.

Reply #552413 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Fantastic!!

Brilliant!!

Insert more excited words.

Go LK.

Reply #552418 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

This is great news imho...

Reply #552424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get low! Like an 18 wheeler....

Reply #552426 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sundays at 3PM looks to be the plan.

Reply #552511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the Adelaide Advertiser 3:08pm

Nine Network jumps aboard rejuvenated NBL as free-to-air provider, Sundays at 3pm

THE Nine Network has jumped onto the NBL bandwagon and will show a game at 3pm on Sundays, tipping off with Illawarra at Melbourne this weekend.

That follows the NBL securing a broadcast deal with FoxSports which will see every game shown live and in high definition, starting with tomorrow night's 36ers-Breakers throwdown.

The match will be available on the FoxSports News Channel 500 and will continue there for the first six rounds of the season while the pay-TV provider’s other commitments conclude on its sports channels.

Nine showed the Rio Olympics qualifying matches from Melbourne’s Rod Laver Arena in August where the Boomers beat the Tall Blacks and the Opals took out the Tall Ferns.

The WNBL also is expected to make an announcement this week about its television coverage this season, although this weekend’s opening round will not be on air.

The NBL app also is due for release this week, allowing online viewing of matches, with full stats and other bonuses.

"We set ourselves unrealistic goals and made them happen," the NBL’s executive director Larry Kestelman said at the league’s black tie season launch last night in Melbourne.

He wasn’t joking either, an off-season of early despair doing a 180-degree turn from the moment he took over running the league in June and turning into the NBL’s most exciting of all time.

New general manager Jeremy Loeliger is on the record as saying the NBL isn’t looking at season 2015-16 as the league’s 38th but more as “year one”.

If the best is yet to come, one wonders whether the sky is any limit for Kestelman’s team.

Reply #552519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you anti-fox cheapskates get one game, enjoy it

Reply #552532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but:

"On weekends when there is no Sunday afternoon game, seven of them in total, Nine will select the best game from the round to replay.
The Nine Network will also broadcast the NBL finals series."

So I guess that semi-refutes the claim about the FTA deal only being a game broadcast roughly every second round.

Nice to also hear the Finals will be on Nine, maybe expanded coverage?

Reply #552571 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:08 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754