KET
Years ago

"Sea of colour for opening nights"

Reading Boti's recent article, he says:

THE opening nights for NBL games this week will include a sea of home colour with the league joining forces with its clubs to produce local #Hardball T-shirts.

In Adelaide at Titanium Security Arena on Wednesday for example, 5,000 blue 36ers T-shirts with the league's #Hardball hashtag will be waiting for fans, draped across the venue's seating.

http://botinagy.com/blog/sea-of-colour-for-opening-nights/

To me, this is a super move which shows the NBL - finally - has management that is knowing what it is doing. We see Perth already do this, and apparently Cairns as well, and it looks great on TV. These are the kind of ways you can add to an occasion, and make the NBL look like a better TV production. We often see this kind of stuff in College basketball, and it makes it look way more atmospheric.

Keep an eye out for it, it's little things like this which make the difference between a pumping NBL and a shoddy looking NBL.

Topic #38103 | Report this topic

A  
Years ago

I hearing 5000 shirts made and looking at around 3500 expected at the game??

Reply #552429 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

The league can do all they want, but if the sixers dont pull their head out of their ass and actually promote the season no one will know when the games are on. I find out more from mitch creek on twitter then the actual team page...

Reply #552433 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If they have left over t-shirts, they can use them for giveaways at future games.

But yes, the marketing of the team is still very weak compared to other clubs in the league.

I am interested in the NBL this year and think they've rebounded very well from the start of the off-season, but I'd struggle to care less about the 36ers as a club. (I will be following the players' progress though, just feel zero connection with the club itself.)

Reply #552439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also start time is another 30mins earlier than usual for a weekday game if I remember. Makes it harder to make it.

Reply #552449 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

So from reading all this it appears its full thrusters on for Adelaide 36ers fans this year!!

Reply #552507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The club is just sitting back and relying on others to do all the work for them. Larry can only do so much. Still got to help yourself.

Reply #552559 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Got my shirt tonight - very nice. However, for Saturday's "Sea of Colour", do we wear 36ers blue or tonight's black (or very dark blue) shirts?

Reply #552870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How hard is it to get the t shirts to be the same as the 36ers uniforms? thought it would have been the first thing they did...
also I got 3 t shirts (2 for members who couldn't go & 2 are dark blue & 1 is black... weirf

Reply #552928 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754