LV
Years ago

Any updates on NBL streaming?

Am I the only person sitting here checking NBL twitter every 10 minutes for announcements and details on the streaming?

LK said more details on that today yeah?

Topic #38104 | Report this topic

LV  
Years ago

My streaming wish list- besides the obvious, ie a good, high quality stream.

- The ability to turn scores OFF so games can be viewed later without spoiling the result.
- Functional: Easy Rewind, fast forward without buffering. Options to watch the game at 1.5x or 2x.
- Highlight packages of games- ala NBA League Pass. 15 minutes would be ideal, but even if it's 5 minutes or 10 minutes would be good: the key moments, the best scores, etc.

As you can probably tell I got most of these ideas from League Pass, which is a premier streaming service.

The AFL Live Pass by Telstra doesn’t have the option to turn scores off and it seriously annoys me.

But hey- I’m just happy we’ve got streaming. (Pending an announcement....)

Reply #552440 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Oh and another wish list item: Itunes and Android apps so I can watch on iPad and Smart phone!

Reply #552441 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I'm told the App will launch today.

Reply #552442 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LK just now:

"The new NBL app should be available for purchase very shortly..."

Reply #552444 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Also: What do we think is a fair price for a streaming service with all of the above?

I'd be happy to pay $30 a month for it. 5 month season- $150 seems reasonable, and affordable enough.

That’s actually on the pricey side when compared to others: AFL Live Pass is $15 a month (although that is just iPad/Smart Phone- not computer). NBA League pass is about $35 a month but of course there’s ten times as many games.

Still, the NBL doesn’t enjoy the economies of scale that bigger sports enjoy. And NBL.TV was around $90 for a somewhat subpar steaming service. So I think $150 odd is a fair price- if it has the right features.

My credit card is at the ready, Mr Kestleman. I await your instructions!

Reply #552445 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Ah- is this just an *app*?

Ie: Not a computer stream?

Damn!

Oh well if it's just iPad and Smart phone- that’s still a *lot* better than no streaming at all I suppose.

Reply #552446 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I'd pat $100 for the app.

Anything over $150 then it's worth getting foxtel IMO.

Also i don't expect games to be in "HD" as they made an effort to not say HD yesterday.

Reply #552451 | Report this post

NBL #1 Fan  
Years ago

How can they not have it for normal PCs and Laptops? Surely they aren't that stupid right?

Who really wants to watch streaming on a small screen such as a phone and tablet.

If it's only Android and iPhone, then poor Windows Phone people misses out.

They surely need a a streaming website for PC and laptop users.

They already have streaming.nbl.com.au so I can not think why they wouldn't have an online streaming option plus an app.

Reply #552463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chromecast support would be nice.

Reply #552464 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I'd imagine at best it will be like the AFL app. Only lets you watch on phones or tablets.

That cost me about $80 for the season which I found great value. I was able to also plug my ipad into the TV and watch on there if I wanted. The quality through the TV was average though. Not terrible, but nowhere near HD.

Reply #552472 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

skip, what's the best way to connect iPad to TV?

I have an iPad mini and a smart TV with wifi at home, if that helps...

Reply #552474 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

LV buy an Apple TV. Then you just airplay to that, works well for me. You may be able to use chromecast which is cheaper but I don't have any experience with that so can't comment on it.

Reply #552475 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I use one of these...

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/apple-lightning-to-hdmi-digital-av-adapter-white-eomd826zm?catargetid=620015440000508549&CAPCID=74881748185&cadevice=c&gclid=COy98f_7rMgCFYmCvQodYvsIzw

If you shop around online, you can usually find one for under $50.

I connect to Netflix and HBO Now through the ipad as well and get full HD on the TV.

Reply #552476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

eewwwww Apple

Reply #552478 | Report this post

NBL #1 Fan  
Years ago

Having just phones and tablets access to streaming is plain stupid. Surely no one really wants to view the footage on such small screens.

They did a fantastic job on the Blitz with live streaming. I am sure they could dig up something like that. The Blitz was broadcasted perfectly.

Maybe it'll be just a streaming simulcast broadcast from Foxtel because then they can just charge what Foxtel will charge them.

Reply #552480 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The reason is, if you want to watch it on the big screen, you have to buy Foxtel.

Certainly in the case of the AFL, Foxtel pay a massive amount of money, so they want to make sure you can't watch it any other way on TV.

Reply #552481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Having just phones and tablets access to streaming is plain stupid"

Wow facepalm to the max right here.

Reply #552482 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cheers for that tip skip

Reply #552484 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

And Dave too

Reply #552486 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Hi guys,

What's the go now? Any news?

I am excited!

Reply #552544 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I hope the app is out before tomorrow. My fox isn't getting installed until Thursday :/

Reply #552550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last year people were saying that one of the betting agencies did live streams. Is that happening again this year?

Reply #552558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what are the actual details?

Reply #552564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where was it actually announced by the NBL that there would be a live streaming product (outside of Foxtel services)? All I've seen is that there will be an app - have people just extended that to mean there will be live streaming?

Reply #552573 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Kestelman announced an app that will stream all games at the launch last night.

Reply #552574 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

I saw that the games will be on fox sports news (ch500) for the first few weeks. Just a heads up for anyone with Apple TV, this channel is available free of charge so get watching in HD, for free!

Reply #552588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl live app is now on android play store.

Yinzcam is the provider.

Reply #552590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It doesn't look like a live streaming app, more just news, info and some highlight videos.

That said I just had a quick look on the train.

Reply #552594 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

^ I also downloaded and had a quick look on the train and had the same impression. Guess we will find out tonight.

Reply #552602 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Each game has a 'watch live' button above it.

Reply #552681 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754