Anonymous
Years ago

Advertising/Marketing from your NBL club?

Curious to know what people have seen/heard from the different Markets?

TV Ads? Radio? Print Media?

In Perth, I have seen a lot of big Adverts on buses and a recent small Advert chasing new Members in the West Australian Newspaper.

What have other clubs been doing?

Topic #38113 | Report this topic

Josh  
Years ago

in melbourne we have radio ads, lots of sinage at the bus stops as well, there is also alot of ads on the internet adverstising the first home game as well on all the junior sites

Reply #552556 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

In Adelaide ZERO, I work in a large office with many mad sports fans, not one person knew that the 36ers were even playing anytime soon.....new 36ers owners expecting to be spoon fed by LK, bloody idiots.

Reply #552557 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Now that the footy's finished (go the Cowboys!) the local media has regular heavy coverage of the Taipans on TV and in the local newspaper. In the off season they recycle stories they hear online about once a week, but as things ramp up and the season starts you usually see basketball every other day in local media. Zinc FM (the radio station they're tied up with) have Cam Tragardh doing ads, and he's often in their studio doing radio spots. They were giving away t-shirts this morning on their show too.

Reply #552560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to hear! (Barring Adelaide).

Anyone from Sydney?

Reply #552563 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Got home today to find an envelope from the Wildcats. I thought this was strange, already got my membership.

it was a freakin Birthday card (my Birthday is very soon). Was kinda weird.. kinda nice too :)

Reply #552566 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

@matthew, isn't that nice.

For their Premium Fans, the Wildcats also offer a tuck in service at nighty nights

Reply #552578 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Apparently the NBL's marketing campaign begins Wednesday according to the NBL opening ceremony thing

Reply #552585 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

On Monday, a friend who has previously been to the occasional 36ers game (and played basketball when a teenager) asked when the 36ers season started. He had heard nothing about the start of the season.

Reply #552587 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Many Childress ads in bus stops in Sydney. Not sure about radio.

Reply #552589 | Report this post

Thanks Adelaide, holding the league back year after year.

Reply #552659 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

No Problem mate

Reply #552661 | Report this post

Not the fans. The club.

Reply #552664 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Adelaide has been extremely poor especially from the club itself.

However within the last week, have received a few articles in the newspaper.

The rest of the league and teams are certainly making moves & making things happen.

Reply #552670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quite a bit about the Hawks 2 for 2 deal. Noticed it on radio and TV ads and print and online versions of the local paper. The offer is often showing on my facebook timeline daily too. I got one.

Reply #552680 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Got a mention on the project last night at a league level by Peter Helliar (spelling?).

Reply #552718 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Jack Toft: Im looking forward to the game day Bouncy Castle!.....

I think for Platinum Members, they set you up with a Wildcats Cheerleader.

Reply #552720 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:03 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754