7 year itch
Years ago

3,937 tickets sold so far v Breakers

How do I know this? I went on the Ticketmaster website and counted every sold seat.

That includes wheelchair seating, but doesn't include any numbers in corporate boxes which I don't have access to. Note I am working on the assumption that the western end near the players race will be retracted this season, so did not count those seats.

Considering the dearth of engagement from the 36ers owners, that's not a terrible number sold. Hopefully with some walk ups we can push over 4,000 attendance and make some noise.

On a personal note, the fact that I decided to pass away the hours at a laptop counting grey dots rather than spend time with my wife who complains about my lack of interest in her, has me really questioning how strong our relationship is,....but anyway...GO SIXERS!

Topic #38115 | Report this topic

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Not bad for a Wednesday night.

Reply #552584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

could be more there if the masters games people turn up to watch

Reply #552599 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Mid-week games always struggle for numbers due to prior commitments. The NBL is trying to be a bit more NBAish this season with the schedule.

I personally have a commitment tonight so I won't be there, but it just means I need to barrack twice as loud when the Sixers play the Pussycats

Reply #552603 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Don't be loud, though. Adelaide crowds have issues with noise these days. Any unsolicited yelling, cheering, or booing won't be tolerated

Reply #552629 | Report this post

NBL #1 Fan  
Years ago

That is a decent crowd for a Wednesday game. Good to see that other teams are pulling the crowds.

Reply #552632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs will be lucky to see this number from its first two games.

Reply #552642 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

I think if Adelaide can average around 5,000 for mid week games, and 7,000 for weekend games, that's very respectable. With proper marketing there is zero reason for the sixers to not get 7,000 on the weekends.

Reply #552662 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Jack Toft: I hope to see you on the nightly news running onto the court during the game with the 36'ers vs the Wildcats.

Reply #552674 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:53 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754