Isaac
Years ago

Marbury: ‘kids are getting killed’ for Jordans

Marbury:

Real people know. I'm off the kids getting killed for Jordan's. I hate that this dude won't change that. Greedy!
Jordan has been robbing the hood since. Kids dying for shoes and the only face this dude makes is I don't care. The time will change!
Full article

Not sure if things will change when it comes to status and luxury brands, but I do appreciate Marbury doing what he's doing. I do wonder if he'd see more success in maintaining a higher RRP, but making huge discount codes widely available. e.g., $100 shoes, but 80%-off coupons handed out to all junior basketballers, etc.

Topic #38118 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it's not Jordans it will be something else...should the price of (Blood) diamonds be reduced because a woman gets killed for her ring?

Reply #552607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Capitalism can be both good and bad, just like religion and politics!

Reply #552620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the sad reality though is kids think if they wear these dam shoes they might play like him, half the time they are not even the right shoes for their feet, but because of a brand they will wear them.

Reply #552648 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I don't know if you can blame Jordan for the violence. Kids also get mugged for their phones and iPads. Parents just need to be smart and not make their kids targets if that's the environment you live in. Unimaginable to most of us.

That said, the money spend of celebrity endorsements is lamentable. A pair of shoes should NOT cost that much, just so Jordan can make more money.

Reply #552663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marbury is only saying this to promote his own footwear line. Everyone is greedy let's face it we all live in a capitalist system.

Reply #552702 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

Maybe he is, but not everyone is greedy all the time. Humans are capable of great acts of altruism.

Credit to him, when he first launched his shoe line years ago he could have made a lot more coin signing with one of the big players but he didn't. How much does one man need anyway?

Reply #552917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I read an article or saw a doco the other day saying that in China Marbury is as big as LBJ. Was actually good

Reply #553040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Swagger don't be naive he is only bringing this issue up for free exposure for his own shoeline which struggles outside of China.

Anon yes he is big in China since he plays in their league the CBA for Beijing.

Reply #553099 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:59 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754