Train
Years ago

Jawai to play against 36ers

Lachy Reid tweet from last night:

@PerthWildcats big man Nate Jawai back in Perth and believed to have trained "the house down today should play ag @Adelaide36ers #hardball"

Great news for Perth....probably not so great news for 36ers :P

Topic #38128 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Great news for everyone else gearing up to watch this game though. Huge test for Matt Hodgson after his big debut last night.

Reply #552961 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

As reported in The West:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/29753634/jawai-rejoins-cats-ahead-of-opener/

Reply #552966 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I dont know, I managed to watch some of the 36'ers game last night. Seemed like a Solid group they are developning there, although there was some issues there in the first and second quarter esp when the Breakers were in a grove coming back that looked like pretty ordinary Ball.

Reply #552969 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

I'm surprised he has 'come home' but his whole family lives on the east coast. He's still 4.5 hours away from everyone.

Reply #552977 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Hodgson cant physically contain Jawai.Perth will dump it inside and let him go to work.

Reply #552978 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Hodgson has some good depth perception and anticipation skills. Dont let him go Adelaide! lock him in!

Reply #552981 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

I don't think Jawai will dominate in this one. He didn't dominate in the pre-season. I am not sure why he will necessary dominate in his first proper NBL game back.

Reply #552982 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Somebody could get killed if they run into his screen

Reply #552985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great news for Perth but missing Martin will hurt chances

Reply #552988 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

That remains to be seen Happy Days, I am wondering how Jawai will be able to contain Hodgson to be honest...

Reply #552999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow no martin still? 36ers should win if they are serious about making noise this season. Its going to be such a tight run to the finals you have to beat the wounded. Glad Jawai is playing should be a very interesting spectacle but dont see him having the motor to stay in the game for long spurts.

Reply #553000 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Jawai has undoubted size, but if he had Hodgson's touch around the rim he would still be in the NBA.

Reply #553005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

depends how they call the game. Hopefully they don't call it soft and do Nate over. NZ didn't really have any good big guys so will be a good test for the young fella!

Reply #553047 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

With J in the team - we be suspect to the slightly fast walking break.

Reply #553398 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754