Luke
Years ago

NBL last night under 42k on TV

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/10/wednesday-7-october-2015.html As you can see on TV Tonight it did not even make the top 20 on pay tv and the 20th program was 42k, bit of a worry considering it was on Fox Sports News and everyone that has Foxtel can access that channel?

Topic #38134 | Report this topic

HO  
Years ago

Really OP?

> One game in, short lead time from announcement to launch on Foxtel generally.
> On Fox News not Fox Sports.
> Nothing on Fox Sports 1,2.3 etc rated either.

And ADE were playing NZ, who, if they took the broadcast, would not show up in those results. I am no expert, but if they pulled just 15k viewers on that basis, its no catastrophe.

Reply #553070 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Not worried. Some FTA games last season were getting LESS than that. Actually - a lot.

Reply #553080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luke you have no idea.

Back when NBL was originally on Fox originally 40k was a brilliant rating.

Reply #553081 | Report this post

Might as well pack up and go home. Everyone cancel your subscriptions!!

Reply #553087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know the ACTUAL ratings figure though?

Reply #553090 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Why was it on Fox Sports News? I wouldn't even think to look there if I was looking to watch an actual game of sport.

Reply #553091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one needs to cancel their subscriptions because they didn't purchase one in the first place because they are such tightwads.

Reply #553092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hate fox ill be all about the live stream action.

Reply #553104 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

42 K is more than most games on FTA. And it was just out of the top 20 in ratings on Foxtel? Boo Hoo! Do you know how many shows screen on Foxtel on any given day? There were more than 40 shows running on foxtel at the EXACT SAME TIME as the game, let alone during the whole day.

Contrary to your beliefs, I think that is a pretty good outcome personally.

Reply #553107 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

At 42 thousand it rated the same as Family Guy and Big Bang Theory. The NBL must be beside themselves!

Reply #553109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the official ratings figure for last nights game was 42k ??

Reply #553110 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

^below 42k. Could be 41k or just 1.

OP sucks at providing sources.

Reply #553111 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

^I take that back. There's a link I did not see.

Reply #553112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And what was the ratings figure? (Link not working for me)

Reply #553114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no mention of the NBL in that link.
They could have had 1 person watching and no one would know.
All I see from the OP's point is that between 42,000 people on 1 watched it. Pointless topic as already said.

Reply #553121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no mention of NBL in that link apart from one comment in the comments section which states nothing in terms of viewer numbers.

OP gets an F-

(BTW huge LOL @ what people watch on TV. ewww!)

Reply #553148 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

You can't get ratings for a show if it's not in the top 20, would have to go to other websites but the ratings should most likely go up each game.

Reply #553157 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Fox Sports News is one of the least watched channels on Fox AFAIK, so there probably won't be good ratings early on. Check back in on the ratings in late November.

It's not a bad thing either while teams find their rhythm and the coverage improves from what was a very basic product last night. The game wasn't a great ad for the NBL, but six weeks in things will look better for casual viewers.

Reply #553170 | Report this post

#148 has completely missed the point.

Reply #553171 | Report this post

hm  
Years ago

Today's coverage is super basic. It is basically channel tens coverage but in hhd

Reply #553175 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Regardless of the negative comments, I'm bl..dy thrilled to be able to watch every game played so far.
And I'll continue to get my money's worth out of Foxtel and Nine for whatever NBL they show.

I'm lovin' it!!!

Reply #553202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coverage is so basic :(

Look over at FS4 for the A-League coverage it's so professional with dedicated football commentators.

OP horrible topic mate. Under 42k could be anywhere from 0-41,999. and 42k was what only the Grand Final would get to when Fox used to air the league.

Reply #553212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#171 is a douche.

Reply #553214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still a douche.

Reply #553229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I stand corrected. Thank you.

Reply #553230 | Report this post

Bob  
Years ago

Regardless of the negative comments, I'm bl..dy thrilled to be able to watch every game played so far.
And I'll continue to get my money's worth out of Foxtel and Nine for whatever NBL they show.

I'm lovin' it!!!

+1

Reply #553311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

+2

Reply #553317 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

18,000 for Wednesday, 4,280 for Thursday, according to these:
https://twitter.com/Haydenfreedom/status/652337006865809408
https://twitter.com/Haydenfreedom/status/652337626049961984

Reply #553388 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Lol ouch.

Reply #553391 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Lol ouch.

Reply #553392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course the NBL is going to get appalling ratings what did they expect hiding it away on Foxtel?

Reply #553416 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The first game rated in the same ballpark as most games during the Ten deal.

Reply #553417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Games on Ten really only got down to around 20k most I saw were in the 40k+ range.

But 4k is even lower than NBL games were getting last time on Fox.

Reply #553420 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They were never on Fox Sports News, one of the lowest rating channels going around. Ratings for the first six weeks will be practically meaningless, it's like an extended practice run, which is a good thing given the product being put out there needs some work. In six weeks time when it hits the main channels it will look a lot better I'd imagine.

Reply #553423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you aren't that into NBL you wouldn't even turn it on FSN to catch some sports. I know I never bothered with FSN before hearing NBL were going to be on it. By default you turn on your set top box and browse between Fox Sports 1-5, ESPN1-2 etc. never even bothering with FSN.

Reply #553425 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Games on Ten really only got down to around 20k most I saw were in the 40k+ range.

But 4k is even lower than NBL games were getting last time on Fox.
Reality disagrees with you.

Reply #553450 | Report this post

hm  
Years ago

18000 might not be too bad considering, 4000 is pretty craps but just wait on it.

Reply #553454 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Those figures aren't reliable for one off games anyway, too big a margin for error, especially at the lower end of the scale.

Koberulz, the reality of the last fees years of Ten was that 18K was very much at the low end.

Reply #553469 | Report this post

hm  
Years ago

18000 when shows in the top 20 only double that on foxrel is probably okay.

Reply #553484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Before 08/09 the Fox stats were a lot better. starting from 08/09 isn't fair as that is when Fox stopped caring but great stats nonetheless koberulz. To the anon stop making figures up!

Reply #553517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umm it was koberulz intentionally leaving out the figures that didn't support his argument hence paul's comment.

FWIW The lowest figure I ever heard of on Fox was about 6k, clearly they went much lower which backs my argument on the stupidity of signing with Fox.

Reply #553525 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's not even my image, guys. Got it from @traread on Twitter.

How was signing with Fox stupid? The alternative was no TV or sponsors. Pretty sure that's worse.

Reply #553529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

koberulz it's because for whatever reason Australians have this weird aversion to paying for TV despite the fact our free to air broadcasts are some of the worst imaginable. But piss up $60/night at pub is ok but $60/month Foxtel ohhh noo we can't be having that! Free to air won't show all games live, it seems like some want it FREE even if one game a week as long as it is free.

Reply #553531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now that Nine are showing one game the non-Foxtel holders still are acting all jelly I guess they want it but won't stump up the cash for it yet don't like the fact the ones who will get access.

Reply #553533 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

But there *is* one game a week free, and I'm pretty sure that's only the case because Fox is already producing it.

Reply #553534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly but the Foxtel haters still aren't happy and will badmouth the product at any opportunity. Cut down on one night at the pub there is your money for Foxtel.

Reply #553537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, the alternative was buying onto FTA TV rather than buying on to Fox. Would've cost more sure but no one is going to see the games on Foxtel with FTA having three times the reach.

Hopefully that mistake will be corrected next season.

Reply #553541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #541 you are brain dead. If they bought FTA time they could afford one or two games max.

So you want coverage to go back to one/two games a week from having all covered.. grow a brain.

Ten/One coverage did nothing for the league there was no growth.

Reply #553542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What? Two games a week on FTA is far better than 5-6 games a week hidden away on Foxtel.

Reply #553553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No it isn't

Yeah let's blackout 4/6th of the games per round in this modern age. No thanks.

Reply #553555 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

THERE ALREADY IS A GAME A WEEK ON FREE TO AIR.

Are you doing this on purpose?

Reply #553556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he is. Just another Foxtel troll.

Reply #553557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's only "hiding" if you aren't willing to pay for it. Either pay up or stop complaining.

Reply #553558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel trolls post here

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/38055-foxtel-whingers-and-negative-posters-post-here

Reply #553564 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Just some facts. Fox Sports channels regularly achieve better prime time ratings than ONE, and instead of one usually delayed game on ONE there are 5-7 games on Fox. There is the same FTA game on Sunday afternoon on Nine/Gem as there was the previous three seasons on Ten. Let's wait a couple of months and see how those ratings go.

Reply #553569 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754