Jacob
Years ago

Getting NBL Live from my phone to my TV??

Sorry if this has been touched on already

But whats the best way to get my stream of NBL live (which is proving really good) from my phone to my TV?

I know you can get a converter to run a HDMI from my phone to telly? does that work and are there alternatives that any one else is using.

SO happy I won't have to buy fox

Topic #38139 | Report this topic

Dave  
Years ago

If you have Apple get Apple TV, android get chromecast.

Reply #553359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you have Apple TV then you don't need your phone.... It's all live and free on the fox sports news app and the picture and stream quality is very very good.

Reply #553373 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

For the first 6 weeks, then the NBL will be on the Fox Sports channels

Reply #553379 | Report this post

NBL #1 Fan  
Years ago

Really? Has that actually been confirmed that afterwards it'll switch to their normal Sports channels?

Reply #553386 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I did not know that you could watch it through the Fox Sports News App on Apple TV!!!!

That's massive I guess.

If you have an iOS device you can Airplay or Mirror to an Apple TV for live play and replays.

I suggest turning the "auto-lock" feature off your phone. With my iphone 6 plus the stream would stop every 3 minutes because of that setting. Set your autolock to "never" to stop that from happening.

Reply #553389 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Pretty sure one of Boti's articles claimed it would be on fox sports news for only the first 6 weeks, could be wrong.

Reply #553394 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

This is correct Dave

Reply #553400 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Usually am.... haha

Reply #553401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait to hear what the cost is after the free first week. Watch all the cheapskates start squealing!

Reply #553430 | Report this post

miracle.touch  
Years ago

I watched tonight's game successfully on my TV.

I have a Mac Mini setup as a media centre. I shared the stream off my iPhone using the normal Airplay settings, and used an app called 'AirServer' on the Mac to mirror it.

Reply #553505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and how did it look? crap?

full HD on fox yeah baby

Reply #553516 | Report this post

miracle.touch  
Years ago

Well it obviously wasn't in HD, but it was still plenty good enough to watch. It froze once, but I think that was more to do with the AirServer software as the stream on my phone kept playing.

Reply #553568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I bought a cable for my Sony Xperia Z2 Android phone - "MHL Cable Micro USB to HDMI TV Adapter" from Gadgets4Geeks on eBay - $22.95. I think you would need to check whether your specific phone model supports and whether the vendor has a cable for that model.

It works perfectly. As said above, the quality is certainly not HD but is far better than last year's NBL tv.

Another option could be to download an Android emulator for Windows such as "Andy" (Andyroid) but I haven't tried this.

Reply #553600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many of you will buy the app next week?

Reply #553650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Me! Wrapped.

Reply #553703 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I have a Mac Mini setup as a media centre. I shared the stream off my iPhone using the normal Airplay settings, and used an app called 'AirServer' on the Mac to mirror it.

I have tried a couple of different "solutions," and neither work.

WHY is this so hard?
In what universe did they think streaming basketball to your PHONE was a great idea?

SO there are now basically no games on FTA (a few Sunday arvo ones)
No (useful) live streaming of games.
But hey, you can watch in on your PHONE (and with a widget, a wadget, 3 cables and a bent spoon you might be able to cast it to your tv.)
HOW is this progress Mr Kestleman?

Reply #553788 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Can't wait to hear what the cost is after the free first week. Watch all the cheapskates start squealing!

Really?
You think we should PAY for this crap???

For the record, in addition to paying for membership, I did pay, for the last couple of years, to watch games on the live streaming service. Which LK in his infinite wisdom canned.
I'll be fucked if I'm going to pay to watch it on my fucking phone.

Reply #553790 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Using chromecast you can cast to the tv from a android device. Your ADSL needs to be fast enough to support the stream. Sadly mine is'nt.

My only option is Foxtel subscription and not sure if I will do that yet. Still evaluating my options.

Reply #553859 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:10 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754