Sparte
Years ago

R1: Kings V Taipans

Who's out (if any) for Sydney? Question marks still on Trigger and unlikely to play?

Sydney is really hit or miss with this one, I have a feeling it will either be a really close game with the Taipans winning or Sydney to win by 10+. Trigger sitting out won't impact the Taipans too much as it gives more minutes to Wortho who had a cracker of a game against the Hawks.

Topic #38144 | Report this topic

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Kings by 5

Reply #553587 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

No injuries I'm aware of for Sydney. Looking forward to being at our first home game of the season, but should be a tough game. Wortho always seems to do well against us.

Reply #553590 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Wortho was great the other night. Wonder if he'll spend much time on Childress, or if Cairns will spend a lot of time in their various forms of zones. Would love to see that pair going at it a bit.

Reply #553592 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Kings by 7

Reply #553597 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I'm tipping the Kings in this one.

They'll be fresh. Cairns has just played, and then flown a few hours to get there. When you're talking about guys who are well into their 30's (Wortho, Burston, Loughton) I think that is worth considering as a factor.

Question mark on the Kings is just the usual question mark for this time of year- Chemistry. But it's a bigger question mark for them than most at this point since 1. They've overhauled their roster more than pretty much anyone else and 2. They were bad at The Blitz (admittedly without Childress).

And, of course, exactly how good is Marcus Thornton?

Reply #553607 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

I think the Kings get this one. Cairns will be tired from Thursday I think as close game and didn't play the bench as much as Adelaide did. Will be close I think. Feel that Cairns are equipped to mark Chill with Wortho and Craig but Starks needs to step up after Thursday.

Reply #553611 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

‏@Hoops_Heaven · 1 minute ago
Sydney Kings import Josh Childress will sit out tonight's game against the Cairns Taipans due to a suspected strain in his foot #HardBall

Reply #553616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a feeling that the best player in the league sitting out will have an impact on this game.

Reply #553627 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Kings were 9-9 with Childress last season and 0-10 without him.

Reply #553629 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

And, of course, exactly how good is Marcus Thornton?
I think the question with Thornton is more whether or not he realises there are four other players on his team.

Reply #553634 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Anon 627 makes a strong point. Taipans by 15.

Reply #553636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress out

Reply #553637 | Report this post

Jerry  
Years ago

No Childress equates to a easy win for Cairns.

Reply #553640 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Khazzouh, Garlepp, Brandt, Hill, Thornton, Markovic, Carter and Cadee. The Kings shouldn't be as reliant on Childress this year, but I agree Cairns should start favourites.

Reply #553641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL @ the tiredness comments. Two games a week is part and parcel of the job, plus it's not like we are at the tail end of the season.

Reply #553647 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Disagree anon, if you were a runner and you wanted to get your best time, you'd taper your training off in the week leading up to the event. Having played a game at 100% intensity less than 48 hours ago is certainly not ideal from the perspective of trying to get maximum out of their bodies today.

Having a match, getting home from the stadium and to sleep probably after midnight Thursday night, putting those long legs on an economy (I assume) flight for several hours and backing up for another game this afternoon. You're kidding if you don't think that'd have some impact on these guys- especially the older ones. I'm not arguing that it's a *huge* factor, but it is a factor.

Reply #553663 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Agree LV,about the travel. Its always a factor. Childress out is the biggest factor of them all now though. Where is the Kings points going to come from today. And Cairns now have the bonus of having 40minutes of game time under their belt to eradicate glitches which were definitely there against the Hawks.

Reply #553667 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I like the look of the Kings culture this year. Good buy in and togetherness.

How free flowing is this game! Its fantastic.

Cadee could have a breakout year this year.

Kings lineup is very balanced. Good strength at every position and good in just about all facets of the game.

Reply #553670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee whiz the kings look good. Genuine title contenders

Reply #553672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee whiz starks looks ordinary. Swapping wilbekin for him might result in cairns missing the finals

Reply #553673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really enjoying this commentary. The play by play guy shows good enthusiasm and personality

Reply #553674 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

What is happening. Incredible by the Kings, can't miss.

Reply #553675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why isn't chidress playing. OK had him doing too much promotions flying all over the place instead of getting his body right. The most important promotion is the game

Reply #553676 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Hurt his foot this morning apparently.

Reply #553677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taipans may as well just go home now

Reply #553678 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I don't recognise this Kings team. Confused.

Where did this come from?

This year will be a nightmare to tip.

Reply #553679 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Kings off to a flyer, but what are they wearing, seriously they look like they have borrowed their girl friend's pajamas...

Reply #553680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blow out imminent.

Reply #553681 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Is it just me or does Damian Cotter look extremely different?

Reply #553682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are the taipans doubling even when garlepp catches in the post? Horrible D

Reply #553683 | Report this post

butwhatdoiknow  
Years ago

Agree MACDUB, has he had Lasik?

Reply #553684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is dressed more formally

Reply #553685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee whiz khazzouh looks good out there. How good are the kings going to be when Childress returns?

Reply #553686 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Question: How home the Sydney v Cairns game isn't live on Fox Sports News???

My fox only started the 3rd quarter, yet live, it's into the 4th quarter!!

Reply #553687 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Question: How home the Sydney v Cairns game isn't live on Fox Sports News???

My fox only started the 3rd quarter, yet live, it's into the 4th quarter!!

Reply #553688 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

I worked it out. Thanks guys. Seems the stream goes into delay until you press the Play button n it zooms straight to the live version.

Cairns is very disappointed, and seems uncordinated in offence. They sure miss certain players from last year.

Sydney looks good tonight. Great flow in offence and good hussle on defence.

Reply #553689 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Obviously the Kings started hot, while Cairns were I think 1/17 from 3pt land at one stage on mostly decent looks, but I thought the Kings D was pretty outstanding tonight for the most part. Khazzouh was a great player last time he was in Sydney, but he's like 2x that player now. Took it away from Starks a few times, challenged or blocked everything around the basket.

Reply #553699 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

As for Cotter, my wife commented on the same thing... 'who is that guy coaching the Kings, is Cotter unavailable tonight?'.

I guess the suit, but maybe slimmed down?

Reply #553700 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I think maybe also a haircut with Cotter... there's definitely something different...

Reply #553787 | Report this post

agree re Cotter i thought kings had a new coach

Reply #553808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Is it just me or does Damian Cotter look extremely different?"

Same. Can't put my finger on why!

Reply #554287 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:33 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754