The truth
Years ago

Some Of The Best NBL Dunks Ever

I found these dunks on the net the feature two from James " showtime " smith and also anthor sydney import who im not sure who he is sure can jump .. dosent seem to be the greatest Ball Handler..

http://rapidshare.de/files/3596339/nblold.mpeg.html

If anyone has any other footage I would love to see as it is near inpossible to get NBL highlights on the Net..

Topic #3815 | Report this topic

Leon Trimmingham best ever

Reply #44406 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Agreed. Isaac Burton was pretty good.

Calvin Talford?

Reply #44408 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I won this old NBL Fast Break video in like 93/94 and has the dunk contest on it. Calvin Talford had mad hops, Leon Trimingham, Brett Rainbow (he sucked I thought) and another King Import that played with Trimingham (can't remember his name).

I'd rate Talford as one of the best thought.

Reply #44409 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

That is some mad dunks, definetly worth the download. Bizzy, any chance of that video (or parts of it) making its way onto the net?

Reply #44414 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

If I new how to go from VHS to My Computer it could be arranged.

Reply #44415 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Or Just Some Footage of Triminham .. he was a crazy dunker anyone have idea what happen to Him where he ended up playing??

Reply #44416 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

No idea what happened to him. However he came out to the local basketball arena years back and I played one on one with him and Rick Brunson. LT dunked on me hardcore. It was awesome!

Reply #44418 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

That would have been some experince Bizzy .. I remember seeing footage of Sam Mckinon before he had his Knee Troubles He was quite the Dunker... I remember quite an Impressive Dunk in the Dunk contest over the Ball Rack ...

Reply #44421 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Yeah the video I have, has Brett Rainbow doing a blindfold dunk from like half court.

Reply #44422 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Bizzy - the other Kings import would have been Mario Donaldson, I think? You know, he used to have the Christian ads on TV!

Reply #44424 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

What a dunk comp this would be if we could drag these players together in their prime!

L Trimmingham
S Macinnnon
J Smith
L Loggins
W Farley

Reply #44427 | Report this post

iceman  
Years ago

mike mckay

Reply #44440 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Alot of those Players Have Been Imports.. Who would be The best Austrlain Dunker ... Sam Macinnon in his prime would have to be up there What other names could be thrown into this Category

Reply #44441 | Report this post

40th Street Black  
Years ago

Jumpin' Joe Hurst before his knee blew was on a par with Leon Trimingham.
If you ever see video of Joe he had a habit of banging his head on the backboard.

Billy Fikes was just plain nasty, he had a lot more power than Trimmingham.

Reply #44445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jumoin Joe was awesome. He won 1998 dunk of the year with a 360 on a fast break on top of some poor dude!

Reply #44452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoops - Jumpin Joe

Reply #44453 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Brett maher, in his warm ups he usually throws a bounce alleyoop to himself.

Does it every w/up usually and still amazes me the little fella can get that high

Reply #44455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Billy Fikes OWNS you all. He was better than half the NBA

Reply #44458 | Report this post

MM  
Years ago

I remember seeing Sam McKinnon play a Norwood team, when he was playing for Diamond Valley at a Melbourne Classic and his team would just throwing it up anywhere near the rim and he would throw it down hard, he was in a league of his own, I think it was back in 1993

Reply #44463 | Report this post

Trimmingham is currently playing in Hapoel Jerusalem

Here is a little write up i found:

A real world tour, who played only one season in college (NAIA II), before launching a world-wide pro career... Played everywhere around the globe: Puerto-Rico, Australia, Germany, the Philippines, Venezuela, Japan, Argentina, Spain and South Korea... Won the 1998 league championship with Marinos (Venezulea)... Despite his height, he's more a 4 than a 3... Great athlete, with good rebounding senses under both ends... Not a real threat from outside with his poor shooting, but very dangerous from mid-range... Can make his own shot, using his quickness advantage on most power forwards... Can steal and blocks, but may have problems against bigger inside players... Uses his body and experience to draw fouls and go to the line... Very experienced veteran, who has seen almost anything...

Reply #44471 | Report this post

fudgeman  
Years ago

nice dunks! i think you'll find the sydney import might be Kelsey Weems

Reply #44525 | Report this post

fudgeman  
Years ago

btw, wats the song to that clip?

Reply #44526 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

The second import in the video wasn't Weems but rather Kendrick Johnson who come in to replace Drew Barry under Brett Brown. Funnily enough getting cut from the NBL worked for Barry as he quickly signed with Golden State.

Reply #44605 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

DC, are we expecting a What's Hot/ What's Not write up today?

Reply #44613 | Report this post

alexia  
Years ago

kelsey weems deffinately had the best dunk ever!
no one can stop him
and his daughter is the next top wnba player...watch out!
and alyssa cummins is the next top college basketball player...so falll back

Reply #163564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat the fuck sumbody needs 2 findkendrick johnson highlights

Reply #174426 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754